New diezel Day!

jd267

so my Herbert showed up today from guitar center in Mint condition. It's also a mk2 without external bias. Cab also showed up but will get to that later. So the amp had six Ruby el34Bg power tube and a mixture of tad and sovtek pre's. I don't like the way the Ruby BG tubes sound so I retubed with Ruby el34BHT and two 6l6gcmstr (took a wile do to no external bias test points and pots which is the only thing a don't like about the amp) for pre amp tubes I used my favorite square getter China 12ax7 from the 90's (Best China ax7) with a LPS in the inverter and the amp sounds massive ! Nice clarity and top end with this pre amp combo. I tried a few other combos but the amp sounds best to me with my choise . What a AMP! Diezel is my Amp choise for now on!! Chan 2+ with a boost (maxon od808) is the tone God whould use to fight off the devil! The cab sounds great also ! Actually sounds better than my mesa so I'm happy!

I like the amp so much that I'm selling my amps I still own :D

Nice and welcome to the club :thumbsup: ! I always have been curious about the Herbert. I would love to hear the mix of the +2 and the boost you run. Your amp list is quite impressive. Looks like you have a lot of selling to do :D !

That's awesome!!

When I first got my Herbert, I didn't play anything for...forever :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Congratulations!!!
Now you will need a second for a backup.

Yea chan 2 + loves a boost ! For compression . My amp list is almost every amp I have owned over a few years. Had them all at once and sold a lot of them off. Now that the Herbert is top dog may have to clean house lol. Do any of you guys use midi with your Herbert ? What's a good affordable pedal?

GtarLover":26dt7t2k said:
That's awesome!!

When I first got my Herbert, I didn't play anything for...forever :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Congratulations!!!

Lol may get a D moll next .

I always run a boost. Maxon OD9 for me.

Ground control is a good controller for the Herbert.

jd267":2c91s4se said:
GtarLover":2c91s4se said:
That's awesome!!

Congratulations!!!

Lol may get a D moll next .

Get a Hagen and run them together.

Thank me later... ;)

Back