New Eminence Legend EM12 (their version of the EVM12L)

blackba

I asked Eminence about their new legend EM12 and how it compared to the Mesa OEM Eminence MS12. They confirmed that the EM12 is not a recreation of the MS12, though I find their description of the 2 speakers very similar. Anyone else thinking of giving the EM12 a try?

On another note, say this Mesa 412 with 4 MS12s for those who might be looking.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-Mesa-Boogi ... SS:US:1123

Just got one from MF to put in my Mesa Theil, hopefully next week end I'll have time to install it and see how it sounds.

It really sounds great! Gives nice punch and tone! I've got to spend more time with it on my different amps but my initial feeling is it's the right fit for what I like!

craftm1":i5ynd3mx said:
It really sounds great! Gives nice punch and tone! I've got to spend more time with it on my different amps but my initial feeling is it's the right fit for what I like!

Very cool, any chance for some clips?

Not for a while, I've got a full load for a while. But I'll try and get some recorded in a few weeks.

craftm1":39bcjjtu said:
Not for a while, I've got a full load for a while. But I'll try and get some recorded in a few weeks.

Hmmm, a fellow Michigander - I might just have to come 'borrow' it for a few days so I can run some comparisons again my vintage evm12l, vintage evm12s, and black label evm12l collection :D

From the Eminence site "Unlike the Delta Pro, the Legend EM12 is optimized specifically for guitar players, and offers a more neutral tone so you can hear more of your amp and guitar"

That's ironic because isn't it true that the old school EVM12L's weren't designed to be guitar speakers? Wouldn't "a more neutral tone" equate to less mids?

So this new EM12 is a closer copy to an EVM12L than the Delta Pro? Too many damn GAS inducing 2014 products.

boltzthrower":2h49l93l said:
From the Eminence site "Unlike the Delta Pro, the Legend EM12 is optimized specifically for guitar players, and offers a more neutral tone so you can hear more of your amp and guitar"

That's ironic because isn't it true that the old school EVM12L's weren't designed to be guitar speakers? Wouldn't "a more neutral tone" equate to less mids?

So this new EM12 is a closer copy to an EVM12L than the Delta Pro? Too many damn GAS inducing 2014 products.

The 'M' in the EVM-12L stands by musical, meaning it was intended for use with musical instruments. There are other versions of the 12L that don't have the M and used another letter (can't remember which letter).

The EM12 is supposed to be closer to the EVM12L than the Delta pro 12A.

blackba":1oeux6rm said:
boltzthrower":1oeux6rm said:

The 'M' in the EVM-12L stands by musical, meaning it was intended for use with musical instruments. There are other versions of the 12L that don't have the M and used another letter (can't remember which letter).

the other was the 12s which was 'tuned' for amps and is much more mid forward then the 12l.

mjtripper":2cnvkxlt said:
blackba":2cnvkxlt said:
boltzthrower":2cnvkxlt said:

the other was the 12s which was 'tuned' for amps and is much more mid forward then the 12l.

I was thinking about some like the EV 12BW, which were for PA applications. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Electrovoice-EV ... 1111748654 or SP12B https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-EV-Elec ... 0835295948

Both the EVM-12L and EVM-12S were considered musicial instrument speakers....

A bit of a thread resurrection. I have an EM12 in a ported 1x12 and I really like it. I was looking for a speaker that was even across the spectrum with no pronounced mids like my Private Jack. This is that. Smooth and even.

Back