New g-system is out. G-System iB Modified

Interesting, this is the first I have heard of this new version. I never used the original one but this doesnt seem like alot of new stuff. Better buffer, extra loop that can be used for preamps. From all of the complaints I have heard about the original, there is was alot more in improvements that could and should have been done.

Funny part is when I got the original and said the front end sucked everyone told me I was crazy. This is the second update of the front now. I guess it's even more realer now. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: If the front end is really improved it is a cool system. I'd try one.

mrkmas":1dctyf6t said:
Interesting, this is the first I have heard of this new version. I never used the original one but this doesnt seem like alot of new stuff. Better buffer, extra loop that can be used for preamps. From all of the complaints I have heard about the original, there is was alot more in improvements that could and should have been done.

Yes, I would've liked a Gsystem II better instead of a modified one. Yet I'm curious to find out if the improvement this time really works.

On the tc forum the reception isn't that great either. Although everyone wants to try them out, there are some comments that tc should have implemented some more features like a switchable ground lift etc...

Funnily enough I was in the shop yesterday requesting a price quote for the G (limited). Maybe they will drop in price a little now a new one is out. Perhaps second hand value will drop a little as well.

Unless they "fix" the issue of not being able to freely move effects blocks between the pre and post DSP, I will remain uninterested. My $300, 15 year old Lexicon MPXG2 can do it, why a modern, high end processor like the G System can't, is beyond me.

TC is not in the business of iterating JUST to iterate. I have been GASing for a G-Force for 10 years. Where is the G-Force 2?

Bitch bitch bitch every piece of gear has some flaw it either works for u or does not.

Anyone have a list of all of the changes? Hopefully this drives the price of the old models down...time for Casey to slip in and get him a G-System for cheap! :)

I'll give this another go again. Love the whole idea. Looks killer in black but doesn't everything.

mboogman":2jw934b7 said:
Unless they "fix" the issue of not being able to freely move effects blocks between the pre and post DSP, I will remain uninterested. My $300, 15 year old Lexicon MPXG2 can do it, why a modern, high end processor like the G System can't, is beyond me.

This is one of my biggest problems with it. I've brought it up on the TC forum but many think it's not a big deal and some actually think modulation sounds ok after a preamp which is disagree with about a million percent. Phaser in a loop or after a preamp is downright terrible.

And after reading around it seems many guys have the same exact issue with the new G-system as they did with their old one's, many of them are still using a buffer.

I'm borrowing one right now and I've got it close but it's not there yet. I've found that boosting the input level helps a lot, if you leave it at 0db's it robs you amp of all it's tone. Bring that level up to around 8 or 10 and I can feel my amp coming back to it's own. I'm going back and fourth trying to get it close.

As far as a switcher this thing is great since it can change my amps channels, MIDI, and you can add some modulation pedals in the loops and they are placed before the preamp or insert loop.

steve_k":2bqdnlpy said:
So, anyone tried the new one out yet? $1600 is pretty steep. But, a little curious....

Get the original one for half the price used and usa an MI Audui Boost N Buff with it and you won't need the new one. I saw plenty of people with the same front end issues with the new one on the TC forums.

you need to dial in the input level for each guitar and each amp you use to deal with the input buffer and avoid/minimize tone suck; unity gain setting is not always the best setting, especially with passive single coils IME (P90s and stock Ric pups here). I don't have any IB issues with my Steinberger that has EMGs...I don't have any passive buckers.

I have the newer silver version with the improved input buffer from the red Limited version. My G works great for me...I'm in the process of racking mine now...just too big on the floor.

as far as looks go, I still dig the silver the best.

YMMV

I use one in a very small rack rig. I run a Clinch EP in front and it is a good, quick, small rig. And Red Rules, :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I had the red one and just couldnt mesh with it. even after spending a couple extra hundred dollars on buffers, cables, etc to try and fix the problem

ACShreds":10drp6w8 said:
I had the red one and just couldnt mesh with it. even afert spending a couple extra hundred dollars on buffers, cables, etc to try and fix the problem

yeah, that's what would concern me. i am looking to put one integrated FX on the floor and in the loop only. no fuzz or drives, just delay/flange/chorus/pitch FX and do away with a pedalboard and rack completely.

that's not much to ask for is it? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

\m/<>\m/

steve_k":3rx30f9s said:
ACShreds":3rx30f9s said:
I had the red one and just couldnt mesh with it. even afert spending a couple extra hundred dollars on buffers, cables, etc to try and fix the problem

yeah, that's what would concern me. i am looking to put one integrated FX on the floor and in the loop only. no fuzz or drives, just delay/flange/chorus/pitch FX and do away with a pedalboard and rack completely.

that's not much to ask for is it? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

\m/<>\m/

If that's all your doing you can bypass the front end entirely. And if your in a parallel loop your dry never goes digital.

Think I am going to check out a Nova System. Pretty much all I need I think. I see they have a Limited Edition coming out too. May wait for it.

Back