New Guitar: Dave Davidson WR7

nightflameauto

Got a new guitar in my grubby hands last Thursday. Got it at Sweetwater and paid to have a Plek and setup before it shipped to me. Highly recommended. I can set it up with the strings just barely above the frets and there's no buzzing except on the low B string. I actually had to raise the action from the "least buzzing" level so I can make use of the Floyd without fretting out. Crazy good fret job.

Sweetwater gallery pics, since my pics all suck goats:
FullFace.jpg

fullBack.jpg

This guitar is a beast. The Imperium pickups are something I wouldn't have sought out, but they're mind-blowingly toneful. Very medium-low almost low output, yet they'll snarl like a beast through the right boost and amp. Coil taps sound nice and spanky, almost strat-ish.

I do have some changes to make with it. Locking tuners. A truss rod cover with my name rather than Dave's. A locking block for the Floyd to make it dive only if I decide I don't want to use the Floyd regularly. Just minor stuff. Setup wise this axe is near perfection for my style. The body is super comfy standing or sitting. It's currently the only seven string in the stable, all others being six or eight strings.

FWIW, me changing the setup right away is more a reflection on my inability to communicate what it was I was looking for in a setup. Sweetwater did set it up the way I asked, I'm just super fussy about setups in general and know my needs better than any tech would. I wouldn't hesitate to hit them up again.

Oh, one more:
WarriorCDs.jpg

See, told ya my pics suck goats.

That's awesome, enjoy! Saw them a few years ago on the Summer Slaughter tour and they crushed! Played through the OG 100 watt EVH 5150iiis. Them and Krisiun had the best tone by far with Slaughter to Prevail not far behind.

Back