New logo

nero

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

As you can notice we pushed today a new logo for Rig-Talk. I think it was about time to update the logo to something more modern.

We also did small changes to both the standard, light layout and to the dark mode.

Reminder: to change the layout, go to the bottom left of any page and choose between the default style and the dark mode.

I hope you'll like it.

Cheers,
Nicolas

I like the new logo. However I'm not sure what the flame signifies. Seems like that should be an amp, guitar, etc.. just my 2 cents

Agreed HD.

I mean, it had an amp and stacked cabs in it for Pete's sake.

Logo 2021-01-25.jpg

To be fair 'though, the new one is more-legible to someone who doesn't know what a rig is. :confused: :dunno:

Last edited:
That old rig talk logo sucked pretty bad but somehow you've managed to top it.

Please sell this site you don't know what you're doing.

Hi all,

As you can notice we pushed today a new logo for Rig-Talk. I think it was about time to update the logo to something more modern.

We also did small changes to both the standard, light layout and to the dark mode.

Reminder: to change the layout, go to the bottom left of any page and choose between the default style and the dark mode.

I hope you'll like it.

Cheers,
Nicolas

It would be cool to give forum users the option to use the original layout like The Gear Page does. They did not force the new layout on anyone. They allowed users to choose the new one or the old one. You could label it like "Rig talk retro". Just a suggestion for those who don't like the new layout (like myself).

The new clarity in the design is very welcome -- the old one looked like some MySpace era trash. But would be nice to just throw a full stack in there or something in place of the flame. The flame makes it look like the logo to cooking competition show, and the love of big amps is basically what separates the rig-talk demographic from TGP/SSO.

I personally do not like the new logo, because I have a tramp stamp of the old logo on my lower back and I feel kind of forgotten about now.

Just change the flame to a piece of gear. I think that would do it. Teh new log is OK but that flame and word Rig together makes it feel like a trucker forum. :oops:

Back