New Metallica: If Darkness Had a Son (Official Music Video)

The song was released yesterday and it's already had over 1.5 million views, just on YouTube alone. How is that not a statistical demonstration of being highly relevant? I get it, the song sucks. But not relevant? Bullshit
1. I don’t believe “views” stats on YouTube. It’s easily manipulated.

2. We are both entitled to our opinion.

3. Hopefully you have a great day! 😎

Well when you have like a 100 million in your bank account and your in your 60's and your testosterone is hit or miss lets see you write some stuff like you did in your 20's when you were hungry as hell. It's not as bad as some are making it out to be and I Doubt I will be buying anything new from them , but hell they don't need my money...

The song was released yesterday and it's already had over 1.5 million views, just on YouTube alone. How is that not a statistical demonstration of being highly relevant? I get it, the song sucks. But not relevant? Bullshit
relevant - closely connected or appropriate to what is being done or considered.

I'm sure people would stop mid conversation to look at someone whistling Dixie out their asshole. That's doesn't mean it has anything to do with what's current.

I hesitantly decided to give this a listen without stopping. The intro, while basic, seemed promising as it developed. If they had introduced a tempo change, and sped things up with some nasty thrash riff I would have easily started head banging...but it just didn't happen. Just that boring, vanilla riff over and over. A forgettable solo by Kirk was obviously expected, at least he played fast. The chorus comes across as semi-catchy but for a metal act this is pretty soft core, just like the guitar tones in this song. Everything just sounds muted and rounded off. They are obviously using less gain and they've really lost the edge and aggression to their sound.

I can see why songs like this will continue to perpetuate their popularity. I wouldn't call it terrible, but I won't be listening to this one again just like the rest of their songs in the last decade plus. Sigh.

Essentially of Wolf and Man from black album repackaged into something new. I don't mind it to be honest and Kirk actually made an effort. All around, for once I will say this is " good".

But overall, I'm over Metallica. Nothing interested me after the Black Album.

I like all three but this last one is my least favorite. I don't expect anyone else to like it, especially since I'm 52 years old. I don't just like older bands though. I was listening to Fugitive today and like hearing new music.

With that said, if I hear one more band that is downtuned to "satan" tunings but the singer sounds like he is in a boy band and going "All I wanted was to be freeeeee, take the soul out beneath meeeeeeee, you left me cold and in a big treeeeeeee", etc, I'm going to jump off a building.
I think this last album is Metallica's last. At least this type of music. It feels like the end of something is coming with them and not sure why but I just feel it is around the corner.

Darkness did indeed have a son in 1963. Check him out, so adorable!

Triptykon14.jpg

They are playing stadiums multiple nights each and charging $7k to meet them, I don’t see anything ending, if anything I see them going harder till they can’t do it anymore

Agree...It's hard to pack up, go home, and call it a day when you are selling out stadiums two nights in a row.

Agree...It's hard to pack up, go home, and call it a day when you are selling out stadiums two nights in a row.

The unemployment rate would probably literally go up if they were to hang it up, they have to be employing hundreds and hundreds

Back