New Speaker Inbound

E

ewill52

Well-known member
So in the last year I acquired a 67' Bassman. Absolutely amazing amp NOW, but when i first got it, there was an unknown\unseen problem - a wire that passed through a hole in the chassis had worn the insulation off and there was no grommet. Somehow, it was sending voltage to the speaker. Smoked 2 voice coils before I figured it out.

Fast-forward to now - amp has been bullet-proofed, gone through from top to bottom and sounds amazing, but I needed to replace a speaker or two. Ordered a new WGS Invader 50 Monday. I like the Warehouse speakers, and I'm excited to try a green beret style speaker that can handle a little more power.

Should be here tomorrow. Figure it will be pretty stiff for this weekend's gig, but will get broken in over the next few weeks.

May try a Scumback for the other one I'm replacing, i've never had one and everyone on hear that has seems to really like them. I'd like to try and get the old speaker fixed, it's actually an amazing speaker and would be worth the price of repair.
 
Back
Top