New Wizard Model: Hell Razor

I have not owned a Wizard, but generally speaking think that they sound great. I am not able to judge this amp based on this video. That said, I am getting a bit of that "clanky" Fortin style high gain vibe from this video. Looking forward to hearing more with perhaps a variety of playing styles.

I have not owned a Wizard, but generally speaking think that they sound great. I am not able to judge this amp based on this video. That said, I am getting a bit of that "clanky" Fortin style high gain vibe from this video. Looking forward to hearing more with perhaps a variety of playing styles.
Yeah, I think the clank is unique to this model. But in the room vs any recording source it's all different. I think we will start to see more videos and understand more the differences of this model vs the MTL or MCIIs

unless you're in the room, hearing an amp in person - videos aren't gonna really capture the tone/feeling of being in the room with this or any good amp. Maybe proper ones are gonna get close, whatever - eventually I'll get an interface...
A good interface, mic, mic pre, and most importantly placement which takes a while to get down will get you pretty much dead on. Only thing that’s missing is the loudness factor in the room. Louder makes everything sound better to the human ear, that’s just a fact.

No. I've never owned one. The 2C+ in the video above belongs to @warhead78

That being said, I'd have probably sold it. Doesn't mean it's a not a killer amp though.

For what some people are willing to pay for one right now, if I had one I’d absolutely sell it.
I think rezas sold for like 10k? No way in hell that amp is worth that IMO. But like with anything else that gets listed for sale all it takes is one guy to overpay then everyone else tries to sell theirs for that in an effort to make that the new price standard.

For what some people are willing to pay for one right now, if I had one I’d absolutely sell it.
I think rezas sold for like 10k? No way in hell that amp is worth that IMO. But like with anything else that gets listed for sale all it takes is one guy to overpay then everyone else tries to sell theirs for that in an effort to make that the new price standard.

Everything I own is for sale if the price is right. lol

N

Name other must try beers in your opinion please

Lots of good ones to list, but most are hard to get your hands on...a few would be....

Side Project...Derivation, BBT
Three Floyds - Marshmallow Handjee (BA Vanilla Dark Lord)
Angry Chair - BA Adjunct Trail, BA German Chocolate Cake
Toppling Goliath - KBBS, Assassin
Hill Farmstead - just about anything they brew.
Anchorage - A Deal With the Devil
Perinneal - BA Abraxas
Cigar City - Double Barrel Hunahpu

IPAs - Alchemist - Heady Topper, Parish - DDH Ghost in the Machine, IPAs from Tree House, Great Notion, Other Half

I absolutely HATE the Fortin clank thing. Really doesn't work with the way I play at all. The couple Fortins I played both seemed to have that ultra filtered, exaggerated hi-mid thing that gives that clank.

It also makes me anxious about the Uberschall ultra I have been waiting for; if that is a clank machine, it will be up for sale in a hurry!

With the Hell Razor or Wizards in general, I really wouldn't worry.....while they have a signature punch and response, they are insanely versatile and capable of a pretty large tonal palette. With mine, I can go from head splitting bright, up front and aggressive to chewy, dark and huge....and that is just a W800 model, one of Wizards simple amps. With the Hell Razor, I am betting you can dial both the feel and tone to be anything you want!

I absolutely HATE the Fortin clank thing. Really doesn't work with the way I play at all. The couple Fortins I played both seemed to have that ultra filtered, exaggerated hi-mid thing that gives that clank.

It also makes me anxious about the Uberschall ultra I have been waiting for; if that is a clank machine, it will be up for sale in a hurry!

With the Hell Razor or Wizards in general, I really wouldn't worry.....while they have a signature punch and response, they are insanely versatile and capable of a pretty large tonal palette. With mine, I can go from head splitting bright, up front and aggressive to chewy, dark and huge....and that is just a W800 model, one of Wizards simple amps. With the Hell Razor, I am betting you can dial both the feel and tone to be anything you want!

That's my impression of what the Uber Ultra is. The HR does the clank thing too, but it can be dialed out if that's what you want.

Back