NGD! White (modded by me) Charvel USA!

AndyK":1gamuspb said:
psychodave":1gamuspb said:
AndyK":1gamuspb said:
psychodave":1gamuspb said:
Nice.

Finish it off with a brass switch and switch tip.

Trying to find one that isn't plated and shiny!

That's been my problem. I've been looking for one for a while... but not a serious search. I'm lazy. :LOL: :LOL:

I decided to put the chrome knob back on and call it a day! After all, it's NOT a vintage Charvel, so going nuts finding brass parts that look vintage makes no sense, at this point anyway.

If I find something, I'll let you know. I'm just about done changing out the back hardware on my red USA promod.

psychodave":3joz6goz said:
If I find something, I'll let you know. I'm just about done changing out the back hardware on my red USA promod.

Cool, although red looks pretty cool with black hardware. Post a before and after when you are done!

I like the switch to chrome! :thumbsup:

So many of the Charvels came with black hardware but I'd probably like most of them with chrome. I have a USA pro mod San Dimas in taxi yellow and like that one in black though.

thisguy":2ku3zspa said:
I like the switch to chrome! :thumbsup:

So many of the Charvels came with black hardware but I'd probably like most of them with chrome. I have a USA pro mod San Dimas in taxi yellow and like that one in black though.

Black definitely has it's place, especially on wild colors like yellow, green, neon whatever!

Congrats! Agree with erbody else, that's a nice improvement, looks great! Much prefer chrome on that, honestly, chrome looks better on most Charvels. I have the same year/US model, think I bought it from Chubtone here actually back then (wish I had picked up a seasick model too, those look really sweet as well). Anyway...HNGD!

Crunchity":l0lg583j said:
Congrats! Agree with erbody else, that's a nice improvement, looks great! Much prefer chrome on that, honestly, chrome looks better on most Charvels. I have the same year/US model, think I bought it from Chubtone here actually back then (wish I had picked up a seasick model too, those look really sweet as well). Anyway...HNGD!

Cool! :rock: Yours is probably the stock Polar white model with zebra pickups (that you changed)?

AndyK":3d5ygj0r said:
Cool! :rock: Yours is probably the stock Polar white model with zebra pickups (that you changed)?
Could be, I mean I did buy one new from him and eventually swapped the pickups (went with a Super Distortion and Super 2, replaced the Floyd with and old MIG version, etc) but then quite a few of us grabbed one from him so I dunno if I was the exact one you're talking about. I do remember it was cool to buy from him! He had several in stock at the specific time I emailed him and he ensured me he was shipping me the best of what remained from that particular batch , etc. Nice guy. Nice guitars! Congrats again. :)

Sorry for the thread necro @AndyK , but I can't stop drooling over your black to beige transformation. I have a blue pro-mod I'd like to do the same thing to:

IMG_7544_HEIC-L.jpg

I think that's going to look hot in chrome and cream. I think. More 80's for sure. But I'm having a little trouble picking the correct pickup rings, so many seem to be the gibson style. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the thread necro @AndyK , but I can't stop drooling over your black to beige transformation. I have a blue pro-mod I'd like to do the same thing to:

View attachment 66630

I think that's going to look hot in chrome and cream. I think. More 80's for sure. But I'm having a little trouble picking the correct pickup rings, so many seem to be the gibson style. Any suggestions?
I did the very same thing to my 08 USA Candy blue SD. Cream rings and a chrome OFR. Looks awesome and plays like a dream

Good god @DistortED !

giphy.gif

Thank you for giving me a sense of what that scheme looks like in the Candy Apple Blue.

And thank you for blowing my damn mind - that's an insane axe. Is that a custom shop? Woah. Actually, should I even bother at this point? I think you won the blue Charvel contest - all of them. Forever. I'll never be able to get that out of my head now, great.

Back