No talk about Corona Virus?

harddriver":19t18oxi said:
CNutz":19t18oxi said:
Krull":19t18oxi said:
Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture

So it was effective on a different virus in a petri dish. You can pour bleach, and use stong UV to kill it in a petri dish too numb nuts :LOL: :LOL:

Did you read the scientific study presented by the CDC/NIH that he posted? You're exhibiting some cognitive dissonance on this subject by attacking him, I know you two have some history but he just posted some information contrary to your conclusions that you are espousing.

Results
We report, however, that chloroquine has strong antiviral effects on SARS-CoV infection of primate cells. These inhibitory effects are observed when the cells are treated with the drug either before or after exposure to the virus, suggesting both prophylactic and therapeutic advantage. In addition to the well-known functions of chloroquine such as elevations of endosomal pH, the drug appears to interfere with terminal glycosylation of the cellular receptor, angiotensin-converting enzyme 2. This may negatively influence the virus-receptor binding and abrogate the infection, with further ramifications by the elevation of vesicular pH, resulting in the inhibition of infection and spread of SARS CoV at clinically admissible concentrations.

Conclusion
Chloroquine is effective in preventing the spread of SARS CoV in cell culture. Favorable inhibition of virus spread was observed when the cells were either treated with chloroquine prior to or after SARS CoV infection. In addition, the indirect immunofluorescence assay described herein represents a simple and rapid method for screening SARS-CoV antiviral compounds.

If you combine this scientific study with the clinical in the field evidence from the last 5 months of experience dealing with this pandemic you can only reach one conclusion if you have a open mind.

A cell culture is a petri dish, not a human body.

If/when there are clinical trials that show this in a human body, and it's effective I'm sure it would be approved to be used as a preventative, as long as the negatives don't outweigh the positives.

No cognitive dissonance at all on my behalf.

Krull":4tpqdawj said:
The study was done in 2005 moron. :LOL: :LOL: I’m pretty sure they have had plenty of human test subjects since then.

What a fucking retard you are haha.

Ok find the clinical trials where they found this to be effective in humans (not petri dishes), and this was approved by the FDA for preventive :LOL: :LOL:

Good luck fuckwad :thumbsup:

CNutz":fg05swvb said:
[

If/when there are clinical trials that show this in a human body, and it's effective I'm sure it would be approved to be used as a preventative, as long as the negatives don't outweigh the positives.

Ok, I will present you with another recent legitimate clinical trial at a real Hospital with real Human bodies involved at Henry Ford Hospital that showed 50% reduction in mortality. Again you will need to read the entire study and results, not shoot a defensive retort back to me within one minute, I am not attacking you, I like and respect you, I am trying to reach you to move beyond the propaganda disseminated on this topic. I am not arguing the possibility of arryhthmia with certain people but with certain death from ARDS with this virus I will take the slight risk from HCQ. PLEASE read the study in it's entirety, this is the study that you just asked for and there a many others that have come out recently. Dr Zelenko and Dr. Didear Raoult also released studies as well. IF one has cancer the chemotherapy is sometimes as bad or worse as the suffering from the cancer, yet people take the risk and use the therapy.

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/ ... tment-stud

Here's the big outake from the study that you keep reiterating as your reason for demonization of this drug, but please read the entire study.

Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows
July 02, 2020

DETROIT – Treatment with hydroxychloroquine cut the death rate significantly in sick patients hospitalized with COVID-19 – and without heart-related side-effects, according to a new study published by Henry Ford Health System.

harddriver":3c0pwfsi said:
CNutz":3c0pwfsi said:
[

Ok, I will present you with another recent legitimate clinical trial at a real Hospital with real Human bodies involved at Henry Ford Hospital that showed 50% reduction in mortality. Again you will need to read the entire study and results, not shoot a defensive retort back to me within one minute, I am not attacking you, I like and respect you, I am trying to reach you to move beyond the propaganda disseminated on this topic. I am not arguing the possibility of arryhthmia with certain people but with certain death from ARDS with this virus I will take the slight risk from HCQ. PLEASE read the study in it's entirety, this is the study that you just asked for and there a many others that have come out recently. Dr Zelenko and Dr. Didear Raoult also released studies as well. IF one has cancer the chemotherapy is sometimes as bad or worse as the suffering from the cancer, yet people take the risk and use the therapy.

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/ ... tment-stud

I'll read it in a bit.

EDIT: your link is broken
EDIT: I found it myself. https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/07/ ... ment-study

OK so slow down and listen to what I'm saying. I'm not disputing it as a useful treatment, I know it's being used with some success. I'm simply stating that it should not be prescribed, but rather administered at the hospital.

Here's my EXACT point laid out in the article that you linked:
Dr. Zervos also pointed out, as does the paper, that the study results should be interpreted with some caution, should not be applied to patients treated outside of hospital settings and require further confirmation in prospective, randomized controlled trials that rigorously evaluate the safety and efficacy of hydroxychloroquine therapy for COVID-19.
“Currently, the drug should be used only in hospitalized patients with appropriate monitoring, and as part of study protocols, in accordance with all relevant federal regulations,” Dr. Zervos said.

Also the paper does not state how it was used, i.e. as a immune suppressant, or as an inhibitor.

Here's some local Texas success with Dr. Bartlett's treatment, it's anecdotal but here you go. In a war you use the bullets you have, not wait to do a study on which bullet works best to bring down the enemy......... I added another two study's reviewed by a doctor.

I hope maybe I have presented enough information to keep you curious on the topic for you to research information that may contradict your own belief on this subject.

Here's a couple of sections from the Yale and Henry Ford study.
Researchers at the Henry Ford Health System in Southeast Michigan have found that early administration of hydroxychloroquine makes hospitalized patients substantially less likely to die.

The study, published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases, determined that hydroxychloroquine provided a "66 percent hazard ratio reduction," and hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin a 71 percent reduction, compared with neither treatment.

In-hospital mortality was 18.1 percent overall; 13.5 percent with just hydroxychloroquine, 22.4 percent with azithromycin alone, and 26.4 percent with neither drug. "Prospective trials are needed" for further review, the researchers note, even as they concluded: "In this multi-hospital assessment, when controlling for COVID-19 risk factors, treatment with hydroxychloroquine alone and in combination with azithromycin was associated with reduction in COVID-19 associated mortality."

All the evidence is actually good for it when it is used in outpatient uses. Nevertheless, the only people who actually say that are a whole pile of doctors who are on the front lines treating those patients across the country and they are the ones who are at risk being forced not to do it," Risch added, arguing that the MSM refuses to cover the benefits of the drug, and is actively silencing those trying to address the efficacy of HCQ.

Imagine how many people have died thanks to the media's 'propaganda war.'

"Our results do differ from some other studies," said Dr. Marcus Zervos, head of the Henry Ford Health System's infectious diseases unit. "What we think was important in ours ... is that patients were treated early. For hydroxychloroquine to have a benefit, it needs to begin before the patients begin to suffer some of the severe immune reactions that patients can have with COVID."

harddriver":ujyr06hx said:
Here's some local Texas success with Dr. Bartlett's treatment, it's anecdotal but here you go. In a war you use the bullets you have, not wait to do a study on which bullet works best to bring down the enemy......... I added another two study's reviewed by a doctor.

I hope maybe I have presented enough information to keep you curious on the topic for you to research information that may contradict your own belief on this subject.

Listen, i'll say it again. I understand Dr's have some bullets to use, I'm ecstatic about that, they need to use them under their watch. BUTTTTTTTT that's a lot different than prescribing something to the mass public to administer themselves at home. If, and/or when there is an FDA approved home treatment I'm all in man :thumbsup:

There's no mean deep state globalist FDA conspiracy going on like krull would love to be true. Look at the rest of the world where the FDA has no control, they are not prescribing hydroxychloroquine widespread for everyone to administer at home, to treat, or prevent.

However there are ongoing trials. I do hope in works out, but until we know for sure people can safely use it at home, and it works then it's not going to be approved.

Now I'm done on this one. I'm moving on to causing krull to melt down.

Krull did you watch that fox interview where Chris Wallace handed Trumps ass to him over, and over again? :hys: :hys: :hys:

Monkey Man":1x7cy4ww said:
3 deaths in my state at the weekend:
2 men and 1 woman, all in their 90s.

1 death in past 24 hours:
Woman in her 80s.
It just keeps rollin' on like this as we're squeezed left, right and centre (see what I did there?). :LOL: :LOL: :doh:
Another death in the past 24 hours. Woman in her 80s.

1st day of mandatory mask-wearing today...

Goat":1p0todlz said:
There's so much contradictory information out there regarding COVID-19, that it's impossible to know what is correct and what is not? I'm not fully on-board with its severity, but I'm also not going to risk possibly infecting someone who may not be able to fight-off the virus. Keeping your hands washed may be the single most important measure against infection and spread.

yeah it is such a clusterfuck .... here in New Zealand we have been told for months not to wear masks and we are 99% covid free yet all around the world people are being told to wear masks :confused:

I have no idea what the hell is going on but honestly I wouldn't mind having to wear masks .... there are some really cool looking asks out there so is like another layer of clothing to look unique :LOL: :LOL: (no I don't want to wear a mask :D )

Back