OD only pedalboard

Findthetone1

I love OD pedals. Probably my favorite type of pedal I use. As we all know, there are a kajillion excellent flavors out there now and after selling a bunch off in the past I've made a promise to myself to keep them all now. I mainly use them as front end boosts for high gainers but also like them into a clean amp like my 65 DRRI for a change of pace. So I'm thinking about creating an OD only board that patches into my main pedalboard that way they are always at my disposal instead of the pull one off put one on game we all do.
Anybody ever try this?

My pedalboard is only overdrives and boosts. But mainly because I don’t have any other pedals as I use my axe FX for all other FX needs (which is only delay/reverb/gate/EQ). Hell a lot of the time I just use the axe FX for everything, but I still run the pedalboard into it since real pedals are much easier to click on and tweak, rather than go into menus.

I recently built a new board that is wide enough to fit all I use on it, and also integrated true bypass loops for every pedal so I don’t have to bother worrying about true bypass vs buffered pedals, overdriving buffers with loud pedals before them, etc.

All those cable ends and 3pdt’s add up though, ended up costing more than I thought it would, despite every other part of the board being made from scraps in the garage.

172B501D-2D0E-4C7B-9B90-22BF8BAAC97F.jpeg

D2FBAB1C-84C6-461A-859B-B882DBF56D75.jpeg

Worth it though, each amp has its favorite boost and it’s nice to not have to be plugging and unplugging stuff constantly.

My pedalboard is only overdrives and boosts. But mainly because I don’t have any other pedals as I use my axe FX for all other FX needs (which is only delay/reverb/gate/EQ). Hell a lot of the time I just use the axe FX for everything, but I still run the pedalboard into it since real pedals are much easier to click on and tweak, rather than go into menus.

I recently built a new board that is wide enough to fit all I use on it, and also integrated true bypass loops for every pedal so I don’t have to bother worrying about true bypass vs buffered pedals, overdriving buffers with loud pedals before them, etc.

All those cable ends and 3pdt’s add up though, ended up costing more than I thought it would, despite every other part of the board being made from scraps in the garage.

View attachment 124333

View attachment 124336

Worth it though, each amp has its favorite boost and it’s nice to not have to be plugging and unplugging stuff constantly.
That's a pretty sweet setup!

Just put a tuner and a gate on either end of the chain and you have the pedalboard for every metal band ever.

Back