Officers waited for backup because ‘they could’ve been shot’ - Lt Chris Olivarez

no need to apologize...we are all on the same page. I've always said everybody is a warrior till it's time to do some warrior shit. Every situation can be completely different in how your body responds to stimuli. Most people run away from danger-some run towards it. Most criminals expect the "flight response"...they look for that. I spent 22 years invoking that response in them....daily. So on the street I have a tendency to react differently to certain situations. and I'm not bragging...I want no problems with anybody...ever. To old and broke down...I'll either shoot or cut someone. Hell-I even drive around with a fuckin tomahawk in my truck that I had custom made out of a 1 7/8" wrench. LOL..plus I have 4 ar's in condition 3 on the wall beside my bed with about 50 loaded mags. I'm not fuckin playin with no shitheads ever. Luckily I'm in a rural area where usually only petty stuff happens. You guys living in the higher crime and urban areas...I don't know how you do it.
edit-that's what I mean by side effects of living in a state of heightened awareness for long periods of time. Makes you paranoid I guess. lol...
Its just a different view of the world. We're both sheep dogs brother. Not everybody can be.

Oh trust me, it has. However, I have learned alot of things about it along the way and have come quite a distance in the last 7 years.
And I'm not disagreeing with JTyson. I was just trying to add my nickels worth of info and it fell flat. I apologize.
Don’t apologize. I finally got that you were just saying the right training teaches you to either not get in that situation in the first place, or deal with it if it happens. I thought you were saying that would never happen if you had the right training. I was thinking “holy shit, what other training would have been better than those guys??”
Then I spent 45 minutes talking about how good they are (and they really are)😂
I deviated from my training for 30 seconds and it bit me on the ass. Luckily it still ended well. You learn from it and adjust your shit accordingly and get on with life.
No harm no foul

Don’t apologize. I finally got that you were just saying the right training teaches you to either not get in that situation in the first place, or deal with it if it happens. I thought you were saying that would never happen if you had the right training. I was thinking “holy shit, what other training would have been better than those guys??”
Then I spent 45 minutes talking about how good they are (and they really are)😂
I deviated from my training for 30 seconds and it bit me on the ass. Luckily it still ended well. You learn from it and adjust your shit accordingly and get on with life.
No harm no foul
Yes. That was what I was trying to say. I’m sorry I didn’t get my point across the right way and sounded like I was trying to start an argument.

So I just saw more info released.. I was trying to give those guys the benefit of the doubt, but that time has passed. They really screwed that up bad...

My wife and inlaws are from far south Texas and Mexico. My work has taken me there many times through the years. Including Uvalde. I'm familiar with the culture there, and what happened in that school, as horrible as it is, doesn't surprise me. Hypothetically, I can see the same thing happening in the surrounding area including farther south into the Rio Grande valley.

Back