Opinion: Friedman Smallbox or Ceriatone HRP

technomancer

So, opinions: used Friedman Smallbox or a Ceriatone HRP (King Kong or Yeti)? Which would you pick and why? I'm trying to make up my mind.

I had a BE100 and King Kong at the same time... I sold the Friedman kept the Ceriatone. I have not tried the smallbox friedaman though so not sure how much this helps. The Be100 was a great amp don't get me wrong but I liked the more modern vibe of the King Kong .. I also owned a Yeti, if you don't need more than one channel the Yeti sounds fantastic.

Thanks for the input guys :rock:

the4thlast1":1w3to5qb said:
I had a BE100 and King Kong at the same time... I sold the Friedman kept the Ceriatone. I have not tried the smallbox friedaman though so not sure how much this helps. The Be100 was a great amp don't get me wrong but I liked the more modern vibe of the King Kong .. I also owned a Yeti, if you don't need more than one channel the Yeti sounds fantastic.

The gain channel on the Small Box is basically the BE channel from the BE100 from what I've been able to gather so definitely helpful. I'm curious how well the Kong or Yeti can cop the plexi up to BE gain levels. I know it can melt your face off, but curious how it is for say 80s metal and lower gain stuff as well.

This should answer your question.. on the "clean channel" with gain up, you get some tasty plexi edge of breakup tones it would seem. Pretty versatile amp for the price. Better resale and $ recoup on the small box.

Back