Ouch

This is kind of odd.

"I've told a succession of people here that one of the problems we have here is we can't find skilled people," he said.

Can't find skilled people? If they paid me 3/4 of what my dumb IT job paid me, I'd become skilled. Would much rather be filing nuts all day than listening to people whine and bellyache.

"I've told a succession of people here that one of the problems we have here is we can't find skilled people," he said.

What he means is...."We cant find skilled people here that will work for $1.00 an hour."

Mailman1971":13qbkd06 said:

What he means is...."We cant find skilled people here that will work for $1.00 an hour."

Guess I'm keeping my IT job eh?

crwnedblasphemy":e5xs3jr1 said:
billsbigego":e5xs3jr1 said:
Trans-Pacific Partnership ?

Damn right! If this comes into effect whole USA is screwed
Thats how its been for Michigan forever. All the GM factories shipped jobs over seas or outsource to Mexico. And with the loss of those jobs there were hundreds of smaller companies that relied on them for contracting. We have been screwed for a long time.

Mailman1971":2bn7mjw3 said:

:thumbsup:

tamils-north-east-war-zone.jpg

Chrome_Peavey_logo_wType.jpg

Sri Lanka here we come .....

So there's no other solution than to just throw in the towel and say fuck it, China here we come?

I'm wondering if they'll still have a USA brand or the whole thing will be offshore.

I don't own any Peavy gear. But I've been fiending for an early Block Letter 5150 for a while. But knowing this, along with the aftermath of their appearance on "Horrible Bosses", er... "Undercover Bosses", I'd sooner learn the ins and outs of amplification and build a clone from scratch myself before I'd ever support these scumbags.

I feel for these poor countries. But they don't need dirt paying jobs that send the profits to these greedy bastards fist over fist. They need a revolution.

I love this line " Hartley Peavey, who founded the company in 1965, told the Meridian Star then that an unfavorable business climate in the state and the U.S. and an inability to find enough trained workers were problems"

Above is Management code for we want too pay way less taxes and hire foreign shops for everything.
I think there should be a big Douche Bag fine for companies that operate this way.
The workers and state arent the problem it is absolute greed that drives this line of operating plain and simple.

Back