PAT TRAVERS STILL KICKING ASS

stoneage cabs

& taking names!

Had a chance to see one of my all-time faves again last week, and PT is still bringing it! His band appeared about 15 minutes away and they were super tight, the set list killer. Started off with some of the old favorites tunes, mixed in some blues, and he played some killer slide on his PRS (with a P90 IIRC). A bit surprised he didn't have any keyboards...but certainly not disappointed! PT fans, be sure to check him out this summer if you can.

edit 6-13-14 ADDED IMAGE

Can still recall the cover of "Putting it Straight"
And the songs were total bad ass to the cover.

Is anyone playing guitar with him now?

John4021":3m0x9ha9 said:
Can still recall the cover of "Putting it Straight"
And the songs were total bad ass to the cover.

Is anyone playing guitar with him now?

Yes, that is a great record!

He does have another guitarist, Kirk Mckim...a very good player, no doubt..he & Pat traded many licks and Kirk did quite a few solos, as well. They really lit it up on "STEVIE".

John4021":12jayrjr said:
Got any more pictures to share?
He wont be anywhere near us this summer :aww:

Many I took turned out poorly...but I will post a few more in a day or so. I don't think any I took of the entire band turned out at all.

John4021":2c4ww8ao said:
TrueTone500":2c4ww8ao said:
I went to a party at Pat's house back in 1980... It was most definitely "snowing in the the rockies"! :LOL: :LOL:
"Snortin Whiskey"
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I always preferred Absolute vodka for nasal cleaning... Two fingers in a shot-glass 'll do ya! :D

Looks a little like my PRS.

kirk_pat_7698.jpg

TrueTone500":38ldrui5 said:
I went to a party at Pat's house back in 1980... It was most definitely "snowing in the the rockies"! :LOL: :LOL:

Was this in Orlando, FL? That's where Pat lived then--may still live there for all I know.

First time I saw Pat was in Jan, 1978, My Father's place, LI, NY. Mars Cowling and it was Tommy Aldridge's first show with them

stoneage cabs":2crye0uu said:
John4021":2crye0uu said:
Got any more pictures to share?
He wont be anywhere near us this summer :aww:

Many I took turned out poorly...but I will post a few more in a day or so. I don't think any I took of the entire band turned out at all.

Jesus, you suck as a photographer...good thing you build nice cabs.

Buahahahahaha! Hiya John! How you doing, buddy? Hee hee

Still love me some PT. "Life in London" was always a favorite tune.

Buckeyedog":8npx3tt8 said:
my very first concert as a freshman in HS in 1978 at Hara Arena in Dayton, OH!! Wow.

Bet that was an jaw dropper for your first concert.
I seen him in the 70's with Pat Thrall, Mars and Aldridge the animal.

Drew":rkluvldj said:
TrueTone500":rkluvldj said:

Was this in Orlando, FL? That's where Pat lived then--may still live there for all I know.
It was the early 80's... 84/85 maybe? He was living in Rosemont Country Club off of OBT at the time. At the time it was one of the most exclusive community in Central Florida, and not too far from where Randy Rhoads died. It's now a crime infested hood.

Yes, Pat still lives locally. I see him once in a while, but not as much since I quite going into bars. He has a favorite club he likes to hang-out at, but I won't post it on the net. I use to see him a lot at Fern Park Station in Fern Park, FL. He was usually there with guys like Mars Cowling, Ian Paice, Ritchie Blackmore, Tommy Aldridge, Criss Oliva, Paul Chapman, Phil Moog, and Jerry Riggs.

I miss those days, but not the hangovers... :D

Back