One Guitar, 53 Amps! (amp shootout with Gibson LPC)

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27494

Update:
Here's a new version, this time with just the guitars isolated so you can hear the amps a little bit better:

Every once in a while as my amp collection grows, I like to do something a little crazy.... In this past year I got a Gibson Les Paul Custom. It's probably my favorite guitar! I basically wanted to hear how this guitar sounds through my entire amp collection. No clean tones, just one high gain tone per amp as that is what interests me the most. Some riffs, some licks, just a little minute long song with varied playing.

We've got amps from the following brands: ENGL, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Orange, EVH, Peavey, Friedman, PRS, Victory, Hughes & Kettner, Laney, Blackstar, Randall, Wangs and Tech 21. Most of them do high gain but I've also included the more vintage voiced ones, just with a more crunchy tone.

No pedals were used and no post-eq aside from a little low cut at 80 hz to make room for the kick and bass. There is still plenty of low end information to hear how chunky the amps sound. I think the Les Paul sounds great and it's a guitar that just really works well with any amp basically. There are some amps in here that don't sound amazing but they are still fun pieces to have in the collection :)

I would love to know which ones of these amps stood out to you guys. Which ones did you really like? Where any of the amps surprising in any way? Here's the video:

Here's a list of ALL the included amps:

ENGL Fireball 100 E635
Orange Rockerverb 50 MKIII
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo Head
Marshall DSL20HR
Victory Super Kraken VX100 (Rabea Massaad)
Friedman JJ JR (JJ Junior, Jerry Cantrell)
Orange Tiny Terror
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister Deluxe 40
Wangs HD-15
Marshall JVM410H
Peavey 6505
ENGL Ironball S.E. E606SE (Special Edition)
Orange Brent Hinds Terror (Mastodon)
BluGuitar Amp1 Iridium Edition
Orange Micro Dark
Marshall JCM 800 Studio SC20H
PRS Archon 50
EVH 5150 III LBX 1
Peavey 6505 MH Mini Amp
Orange Rocker 30
Mesa Boogie Mark V 35
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL50
Laney Ironheart 60 IRT60H
Randall Diavlo 100 RD100H
Orange Jim Root Terror (Slipknot)
Hughes & Kettner Black Spirit 200
Victory Kraken V4 Guitar Amp
BluGuitar Amp1 Mercury Edition
Marshall Mini Silver Jubilee 2525H
ENGL Powerball II E645/2
Orange Dual Terror DT30H
PRS MT15 (Mark Tremonti)
Blackstar HT Club 50 MKII
Wangs 2204 HW Handwired
Peavey Invective 120 (Misha Mansoor)
Laney IRT Studio
Orange TH30 (TH30H Thunder)
Marshall DSL100HR
Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister Deluxe 40
EVH 5150 III 50W EL34
Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier 25
Orange Rocker 15 Terror
ENGL Fireball 25 E633
Wangs 1987HW Handwired
Peavey Invective MH Mini Head
Orange OR15
Marshall Studio Vintage SV20H (Mini Plexi)
Orange Dark Terror
Orange AD30
Marshall JMP-1 Preamp (Into DSL50)
Hughes & Kettner AmpMan Modern
Orange Micro Terror
Tech 21 Sansamp PL-1 Paul Landers (Rammstein)

Last edited by a moderator:
jeeeeebusss... 😆

um, will have to check in on this when I've got, like, some time to seriously kill

that said - I MUST be mistaken in not seeing a single Bogner or Diezel in this lineup?? 😏

I got part way through (and will listen to the rest later).. I have to be honest - most of those are dialed in VERY close and it is hard to hear much difference. I may have to try it with a better pair of headphones later.

But that is a TON of work and a cool little project

Marked for later!

You're doing the work and us tone nerd be like:

The Wedding GIF - The Wedding Singer GIFs

Jon I would love to see you clear out these lunchbox amps and add some snobbery into your collection :D

Diezel, Bogner, Wizard, Friedman...

Your skills with those amps would be interesting.

My guess would be it shows you'll pull a similar tone no matter what you play.

I only find these comparisons useful when it's just the amp & guitar with no other sounds but that's just me others seem to find it helpful.

The Orange Rockerverb stands out to me the most after watching the entire video. Also, did you know you can change the Genre by changing the playback speed on YT settings? 0.25x is Alien Sludge. I have a looper pedal if you want to borrow it for your next shootout :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back