Pedal buffers?

Casey Hanson":2cuxxuyh said:
Death by Uberschall":2cuxxuyh said:
Ditch the Palmer, not needed here. Swap the Reverb and the Delay, I like my chorus out front, not in the loop. If you are setting the G-String really high to compensate for noisy pickups, poor electrical or surroundings, it will kill some tone. Back it off to where it's just getting the job done.

i don't see why the palmer isn't needed? what if he's running XLR direct to the board and not mic'ing?

anyway.. i'm not uberschall expert, but if its like most older bogners, the loop is +4db, which would overload alot of pedals and sound like shit.. i think someone said the newer ones have send controls.. its look there..

you don't need a buffer.. the fx loop is buffered, and the g-string is buffered.. i'd bet you're dealing with level mismatches, or impedance mismatch.

Look at that. You swoop in with help and don't engage in self promotion. So I will do it for you.....

For those looking for a buffer, Casey designed his own circuit that is very transparent and sounds fantastic. Best of all, it's reasonably priced and can be fitted into any type of enclosure you want - including multi-purpose enclosures (e.g., buffer boxes with true bypass loops, tuner sends, etc.). I have Casey's buffers on all of my pedalboards.

Shoot him a PM if you're looking for a great buffer and see what he can do for you! :rawk:

Sixgunquotaguitar":3oxnxf99 said:
I will try the chorus up front but I use it with minimal setting for a thickening sound for my rhythm like Zakk does. So im worried putting it up front would give me a chorused distortion instead of a distorted chorus?? I already bought the 2 buffers so id like to put them somewhere...it's all treble loss and was never an issue until I made my pedal board with the longer cables. I use all monster rock to btw.

I use pedals just fine in the loop as long as the channel volume stays below 2 and the g-string is set below the half way point.

Best place for the buffers in this rig is the classifieds. Sorry. But whoever sold you then either didn't ask you the right questions or just wanted your money. I spent 2 minutes googling before I answered. Your rig does not need a buffer anywhere period.

Sorry you got ripped.. PS If it were of my buffers you were sold I'd take it back

Okay well I've checked all of my stuff and nothing has any issues by itself. However when I hook everything together I lose my treble. So there is definitely something going on with the length of my cables being that I'm running over 80 feet. so somewhere you would think a buffer would help for my treble loss

Sixgunquotaguitar":3lttxlgg said:
Okay well I've checked all of my stuff and nothing has any issues by itself. However when I hook everything together I lose my treble. So there is definitely something going on with the length of my cables being that I'm running over 80 feet. so somewhere you would think a buffer would help for my treble loss

could be a pedal robbing some hi-end ? have you tried with one pedal out of the chain each time to see? but it could be what someone said with impedance/level mismatch and the fx loop feeding a super hot signal to pedals which may not be able to deal with it

i'd think with active pickups and long cables you won't have an issue with treble loss, the fx loop is also buffered

So here is the latest... If I turn off the fx loop via the foot switch I get all my tone back even with the wah and ISP In front. Turn effects loop on and it's muffled. I then took out a pedal one by one made no difference. So I took out all the pedals in the loop except the ISP. This way it did not make a difference when switching on the fx loop. However, it was muffled both ways... So nothing makes sense.

Is it like this with uberachall rev 2 loops? the ISP is in there because the fx loop is so noisy..

Death by Uberschall":2ataduuu said:
Try another preamp tube in the loop position.

I just put new tubes in yesterday that were professionally checked and graded. I
Will try to put the buffer in the beginning of the loop. So I come out of send 21' to buffer then to pedals and a 21' return? Or should I throw a second buffer before the return? Also should I run my chorus, reverb, delay out front with buffers and get rid if the loop except for the ISP ?

So I found that if I put anything besides the ISP in the loop I get tone loss. Basically, I used the uberschalls fx foot switch to shut of loop and got all tone back. So I moved all effects up front and sounded great. Now my problem is is that my delays and reverb get cut off in front do to the ISP. What can I do? If I put them back in the loop even with them off it kills tone. I changed out the the tubes and are spanking new. I was thinking of those fx loop by pass pedals... Or how would I rearrange my pedals from the picture previously in the front with out the ISP cutting the reverb and delay while still doing its job?

Sixgunquotaguitar":3urdwvtl said:
Ok ill contact and see if he still has one. If not and for the price would the ebtech work do you think?

Thanks for all the help

eb tech is hit / miss.. g-lab makes one as well called the ala-1, which works too.

Back