picked up this amazing amp

So traded my Mesa Triple crown(got a crazy ridiculous deal on) and my Axe Fx II to Matts Music and brought home this beast. I had been getting stale on the whole modeling thing for a while but had been dealing with it due to living in an apartment(in which Ive had some monster amps here already) But I had enough, I just got tired of constantly playing with patches, ir's etc etc. So I went up to Matts to check this out, which I had been eyeballing since last year, and to recheck the Friedman line. I had a Be100 and have regretted selling it since.
Played the Be100 first and felt/sounded exactly as I remembered, amazing. 100w might be overkill for me as Im mostly record and play at at desk but has a great master. Then I plugged into the 3rd Power Citizen Gain CSR and man did I fall in love with this thing. Does everything I could ever ask for and the Hybrid Master absolutely slays any master volume Ive ever had or played. I can't believe how good this thing sounds even wicked down to tv volume for late night practice. I don't usually have to play too low as we live in a side by side with the landlord on the other side(he's almost 70 and I think going deaf) so the only time it has to be low is at night.Right now Im playing through a mesa 112 wide body with the stock C90 and it sounds killer. Im going to grab one of the Fryette Power Loads when they come out for my silent playing.recording device, though I also have my eye on the Universal Audio Ox.
5bjpHCHh.jpg

lessthan12":19yvm6g0 said:
So traded my Mesa Triple crown(got a crazy ridiculous deal on) and my Axe Fx II to Matts Music and brought home this beast. I had been getting stale on the whole modeling thing for a while but had been dealing with it due to living in an apartment(in which Ive had some monster amps here already) But I had enough, I just got tired of constantly playing with patches, ir's etc etc. So I went up to Matts to check this out, which I had been eyeballing since last year, and to recheck the Friedman line. I had a Be100 and have regretted selling it since.
Played the Be100 first and felt/sounded exactly as I remembered, amazing. 100w might be overkill for me as Im mostly record and play at at desk but has a great master. Then I plugged into the 3rd Power Citizen Gain CSR and man did I fall in love with this thing. Does everything I could ever ask for and the Hybrid Master absolutely slays any master volume Ive ever had or played. I can't believe how good this thing sounds even wicked down to tv volume for late night practice. I don't usually have to play too low as we live in a side by side with the landlord on the other side(he's almost 70 and I think going deaf) so the only time it has to be low is at night.Right now Im playing through a mesa 112 wide body with the stock C90 and it sounds killer. Im going to grab one of the Fryette Power Loads when they come out for my silent playing.recording device, though I also have my eye on the Universal Audio Ox.
5bjpHCHh.jpg

That's pretty cool. What was the price tag on that one?

SavageRiffer":24svgapv said:
lessthan12":24svgapv said:
5bjpHCHh.jpg

$3k approx.

JerEvil":t2fj4zfd said:
SavageRiffer":t2fj4zfd said:
lessthan12":t2fj4zfd said:
5bjpHCHh.jpg

$3k approx.

Cool. I didn't know they made a channel switcher. I'm gonna have to check it out. Post some audio man!

well, heres a night time low volume apartment friendly clip of the CSR. This is the volume I can play at during the week after work and to be honest, I could live at this volume lol. The iPhone doesn't capture it all that well but in the room this is amazing to me. Even at this volume it that much better than the modeling that Ive become so used to over the years. Cant wait to pick up a reactive load (looking at the Fryette Power Load or the Universal Audio Ox) to have the best of both worlds. Don't mind the playing, no excuses, I'm just a garbage player atm lol, maybe now Ill practice more than tweak. Love that awful bend where I ended Always with me Always with you lol

lessthan12":267vbjtn said:
well, heres a night time low volume apartment friendly clip of the CSR. This is the volume I can play at during the week after work and to be honest, I could live at this volume lol. The iPhone doesn't capture it all that well but in the room this is amazing to me. Even at this volume it that much better than the modeling that Ive become so used to over the years. Cant wait to pick up a reactive load (looking at the Fryette Power Load or the Universal Audio Ox) to have the best of both worlds. Don't mind the playing, no excuses, I'm just a garbage player atm lol, maybe now Ill practice more than tweak. Love that awful bend where I ended Always with me Always with you lol

I know it's just a video but from what I can tell it sounds damned good. I like the distortion a lot. Sounds punchy too and that's something I treasure in an amp.

Back