Reinhold is a mad genius // NAD holy cow what an amp

Jccobb2

Jccobb2

Well-known member
IMG_3849.jpeg


I’m a Bogner fan, have been for a long time. Had an old green uberschall that I moved on this year and got the 104BV you can see in the pic. Great amp, but a bit odd. The gain channels have almost a high pass filter on them at 400 hz. I can see how they’re incredible in a mix, but they aren’t the typical warm fat bogners of old.

Also not having something that does the *chunk chunk* thing was a glaring hole in my harem of amps. The Uber Ultra seems to universally get praised as a fantastic amp, and i fully get why now. The incredible control over the preamp and poweramp combined make this thing incredibly versatile. And to put it mildly it doesn’t have the same lack of low end that the 104 has. It gets very close to the old green Uber “wall of sound” thing, but has a completely useable and great 1st channel in it that makes it really versatile. Being able to shape everything from the attack to how broad the tone is, to totally absurd amounts of gain is incredible.

I have the first channel set up on the crunch mode for a dirty clean that gets pretty grindy with the internal boost. The second channel is in Uber mode. I don’t know why you’d ever want to go to Ultra. It’s just too much gain. But if you want it it’s there. The only complaint I have is the master sweep is anything but gradual. It goes from so quiet the tone sucks to 100+ db with nowhere in between. I’ll be playing around with an attenuator over the next few days to see how it behaves.

Overall though, what a fucking amp. Don’t miss the old green girl really, this thing does that and more. Spent the night jamming to old tremonti and Tool riffs while my family hides downstairs.
 
Considering how tight Reinhold seems to be with Reza these days, I figure he’s leaning more towards mad and less genius
 
View attachment 462263

I’m a Bogner fan, have been for a long time. Had an old green uberschall that I moved on this year and got the 104BV you can see in the pic. Great amp, but a bit odd. The gain channels have almost a high pass filter on them at 400 hz. I can see how they’re incredible in a mix, but they aren’t the typical warm fat bogners of old.

Also not having something that does the *chunk chunk* thing was a glaring hole in my harem of amps. The Uber Ultra seems to universally get praised as a fantastic amp, and i fully get why now. The incredible control over the preamp and poweramp combined make this thing incredibly versatile. And to put it mildly it doesn’t have the same lack of low end that the 104 has. It gets very close to the old green Uber “wall of sound” thing, but has a completely useable and great 1st channel in it that makes it really versatile. Being able to shape everything from the attack to how broad the tone is, to totally absurd amounts of gain is incredible.

I have the first channel set up on the crunch mode for a dirty clean that gets pretty grindy with the internal boost. The second channel is in Uber mode. I don’t know why you’d ever want to go to Ultra. It’s just too much gain. But if you want it it’s there. The only complaint I have is the master sweep is anything but gradual. It goes from so quiet the tone sucks to 100+ db with nowhere in between. I’ll be playing around with an attenuator over the next few days to see how it behaves.

Overall though, what a fucking amp. Don’t miss the old green girl really, this thing does that and more. Spent the night jamming to old tremonti and Tool riffs while my family hides downstairs.
Congrats! I orderd KT88 version canceled the order to buy Gibson LP custom. Still curiois on this amp.
 

Similar threads

Back
Top