Poor Reverb' hurtin' again..

Hey I'm not saying I think Biden is good or even that I like him. Politics isn't about picking a favorite team. I'm just saying that if you're going to complain about the economy, it's probably a good idea to read up and inform yourself about how it actually works and not just blame Biden because Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, or Mark Zuckerberg told you to.
I guess you missed the great TDS pandemic of 2016-present

We have high inflation here in Australia too, can I blame biden for that as well 😄

Etsy stock is down 50% YTD, of course they're increasing fees to raise revenue.

As much as I hate facebook, marketplace & groups are still fee free.

We have high inflation here in Australia too, can I blame biden for that as well 😄

Etsy stock is down 50% YTD, of course they're increasing fees to raise revenue.

As much as I hate facebook, marketplace & groups are still fee free.
It's called "build back better" and it's a global agenda. Governments all over the world are promoting it. Every Western Government uses that phrase one way or another in their slogan

What I don't get is people will buy something on Reverb that is also listed on Craigslist and forums. Why? As a seller, I'd rather you contact me on a forum to buy rather than Reverb. I'd be more inclined to cut buyer a deal because I'm not losing money on listing fees and payment BS. On top of that, as a buyer... you save yourself on sales tax too. I sold a guitar recently to someone in person who found me on Reverb. And I asked hey... why didn't you contact me on TGP or something and he was like... oh... I didn't think of that. He would rather pay sales tax to Reverb than buy direct from me and I would have given him a discount because I'm making more money. But nope.

Hey I'm not saying I think Biden is good or even that I like him. Politics isn't about picking a favorite team. I'm just saying that if you're going to complain about the economy, it's probably a good idea to read up and inform yourself about how it actually works and not just blame Biden because Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, or Mark Zuckerberg told you to.
democrats.png

It's going to be tough to even begin to unravel how hilariously stupid that picture is, but I'll try.

pandemic - who was it that said covid was "no big deal, it's like a flu" causing most of the conservative west to simply not care about spreading it around? Republicans. Who actively fought against the vaccine for covid, and still fights it with their anti-vax nonsense? Republicans. They've done everything they could to minimize how serious it is/was, and as a consequence it has impacted the US harder overall and per capita than basically any other developed nation in the world. There's even statistical data now that shows left-leaning people get it less and its symptoms are less severe than conservatives, who get it more often and fare worse with it. Even now, conservatives are shown to be, by far, the most potent infection vector of the virus. And contrary to conservatives' persecution complex, it's not because there's some conspiracy to take out "Good Innocent God Fearing Christians," it's simply because liberals are more likely to have been vaccinated, because they're more likely to follow science. But in the meantime it's killed over a million people in the US and debilitated many times more people than that, which has had very measurable effects the country's workforce and production. But nah, it must just all be the Democrats' fault because there happens to be a Democrat president when people are finally feeling the worst, most compounded effects it all.

depression - how is it a depression when corporations are showing their earnings to be the highest they've been in 70 years? It's not "a depression" it's "corporations putting their boots of the necks of people like you and me" by leveraging the global shipping and logistics problem to arbitrarily raise prices because fuck you, what are you going to do about it? Especially if they all get together and raise prices in unison, which they are doing. Again, they are making more money than they have in the last 70 years. Oh, and Republicans have done everything they can to remove any and all regulations that these companies might have to follow so they're extra free to do whatever they want and give you no alternatives, with basically no consequences. Relevant to this thread: Etsy, who owns Reverb, had a Q4 2021 income of $161.6 million, up 8.8% from the previous year. So they're definitely not hurting. These fees are 100% nothing but gouging their customers. But Nah. What's happening is definitely a depression caused by Democrats and their dang ole big gubmint, right? Nope.

gas shortage - I don't know if you're aware, but something happened in 2020 called "covid-19." Maybe you've heard of it. It basically led to everybody staying at home for the better part of a year and a half at least, which means they stopped driving around, which means they stopped buying gas. In other words, demand for gas fell through the floor. Because of that, the price then fell through the floor because there was so little demand. In response to that, energy companies stopped producing as much gas to account for the lack of demand, because storing gas costs money and it goes bad if left unused. Now, people are out driving again, but gas production takes a long time to ramp back up, which means there's a lower supply of gas while the production ramp-up lag is happening, combined with a higher demand for gas overall now that people are driving more, which means higher gas prices. The thing is that this whole process took a long time to transpire, long enough that a Democrat was elected president during the later part of it. So naturally because the negative effects (higher prices) happened to take place after Biden's election, every Republican with vocal cords is now screaming that it's all Biden's fault.

But nah, let's just make a big hyuck hyuck sign blaming Biden for everything, which republicans will love because they want it to be true so bad that they won't bother fact checking or thinking about it for two seconds before buying it whole hog. To sum things up in the words of Donald Trump: "I love the poorly educated!"

People can't help bring partisan politics into a forum labelled: "Discuss heads, combos, speakers, tubes, effects, stomp boxes, etc..."

Can we all just agree Reverb is a big bloated, faceless, corporation and stick to rig talk?

I would argue that it's impossible to not talk politics in a thread about how a company is gouging the hell out of its clients, and the political landscape in which that company exists and is allowed to operate that way. Seems perfectly on-topic to me. :)

Last edited:
I going to be tough to even begin to unravel how hilariously stupid all of that is, but I'll try.

pandemic - who was it that said covid was "no big deal, it's like a flu" causing most of the conservative west to simply not care about spreading it around? Republicans. Who actively fought against the vaccine for covid, and still fights it with their anti-vax nonsense? Republicans. They've done everything they could to minimize how serious it is/was, and as a consequence it has impacted the US harder overall and per capita than basically any other developed nation in the world. But in the meantime it's killed over a million people in the US and debilitated many times more people than that, which has had very measurable effects the country's workforce and production.

depression - how is it a depression when corporations are showing their earnings to be the highest they've been in 70 years? It's not "a depression" it's "corporations putting their boots of the necks of people like you and me" by arbitrarily raising prices because fuck you, what are you going to do about it? Again, they are making more money than they have in the last 70 years. Oh, and Republicans have done everything they can to remove any and all regulations that these companies might have to follow so they're extra free to do whatever they want and give you no alternatives. Relevant to this thread: Etsy, who owns Reverb, had a Q4 2021 income of $161.6 million, up 8.8% from the previous year. So they're definitely not hurting. These fees are 100% nothing but gouging their customers. But Nah. What's happening is definitely a depression caused by dang ole big gubmint. lol

gas shortage - I don't know if you're aware, but something happened in 2020 called "covid-19." Maybe you've heard of it. It basically led to everybody staying at home and stop driving around for the better part of a year and a half at least. So, demand for gas fell through the floor. Then, as any econ 101 student could tell you, the price fell through the floor. After that, energy companies stopped producing as much gas to account for the lack of demand, because storing it costs money and it goes bad if left unused. Now, people are out driving again, but gas production takes a long time to ramp back up, which means there's a lower supply of gas while the production lag is happening, combined with a higher demand for gas overall, which means higher gas prices, again as any econ 101 student could tell you. This has taken long enough to happen that a Democrat was elected president during it. So naturally every Republican with vocal cords is screaming that it's all Biden's fault.

But nah, let's just make a big hyuck hyuck sign blaming Biden for everything, which will work because republicans want it to be true, so they won't bother fact checking or thinking about it for two seconds before buying it whole hog. In the words of Donald Trump: "I love the poorly educated!"

I would argue that it's impossible to not talk politics in a thread about how a company is gouging the hell out of its clients and the political landscape in which they exist that allows them to operate that way. Seems perfectly on-topic to me. :)
The part about gas, agreed and witnessed, no one was on the fucking road! I still worked so it was unreal and the price of gas wasn't surprising considering. When people post pics of gas prices in 2020 when the country was shut down and think it was because of one of Stormy Daniel's customers, it's quite laughable. As is the current man that represents this country and the state of it. He is the best we have? Cant speak, remember something he said 5 minutes ago? That's sad and I'm not one to pick on anyone for being less than. Would anyone trust him to balance your gear account? Its unreal the greasy slick suits we are forced to employee, who's next Mike Tyson maybe? Seems to be in line with the last few. All this inflation is tough on everyone, even free selling sites. I'm no reverb fan for long before the knee pads

The part about gas, agreed and witnessed, no one was on the fucking road! I still worked so it was unreal and the price of gas wasn't surprising considering. When people post pics of gas prices in 2020 when the country was shut down and think it was because of one of Stormy Daniel's customers, it's quite laughable. As is the current man that represents this country and the state of it. He is the best we have? Cant speak, remember something he said 5 minutes ago? That's sad and I'm not one to pick on anyone for being less than. Would anyone trust him to balance your gear account? Its unreal the greasy slick suits we are forced to employee, who's next Mike Tyson maybe? Seems to be in line with the last few. All this inflation is tough on everyone, even free selling sites. I'm no reverb fan for long before the knee pads

I don't know why people want to compare current gas prices with gas prices during covid lockdown. That doesn't make sense to me. What was the price of gas right before covid. That's a better comparison. Gas price in my area before covid hit the media was around $3.85. Right now it's $7.49.

I don't know why people want to compare current gas prices with gas prices during covid lockdown. That doesn't make sense to me. What was the price of gas right before covid. That's a better comparison. Gas price in my area before covid hit the media was around $3.85. Right now it's $7.49.
This is a fact. Gotta love Ca.

It's going to be tough to even begin to unravel how hilariously stupid that picture is, but I'll try.

pandemic - who was it that said covid was "no big deal, it's like a flu" causing most of the conservative west to simply not care about spreading it around? Republicans. Who actively fought against the vaccine for covid, and still fights it with their anti-vax nonsense? Republicans. They've done everything they could to minimize how serious it is/was, and as a consequence it has impacted the US harder overall and per capita than basically any other developed nation in the world. But in the meantime it's killed over a million people in the US and debilitated many times more people than that, which has had very measurable effects the country's workforce and production. But nah, it must just all be the Democrats' fault because there happens to be a Democrat president when people are finally feeling the effects it all.

depression - how is it a depression when corporations are showing their earnings to be the highest they've been in 70 years? It's not "a depression" it's "corporations putting their boots of the necks of people like you and me" by leveraging the global shipping and logistics problem to arbitrarily raise prices because fuck you, what are you going to do about it? Especially if they all get together and raise prices in unison? Again, they are making more money than they have in the last 70 years. Oh, and Republicans have done everything they can to remove any and all regulations that these companies might have to follow so they're extra free to do whatever they want and give you no alternatives, with basically no consequences. Relevant to this thread: Etsy, who owns Reverb, had a Q4 2021 income of $161.6 million, up 8.8% from the previous year. So they're definitely not hurting. These fees are 100% nothing but gouging their customers. But Nah. What's happening is definitely a depression caused by dang ole big gubmint, right? Nope.

gas shortage - I don't know if you're aware, but something happened in 2020 called "covid-19." Maybe you've heard of it. It basically led to everybody staying at home for the better part of a year and a half at least, which means they stopped driving around, which means they stopped buying gas. In other words, demand for gas fell through the floor. Because of that, the price then fell through the floor because there was so little demand. In response to that, energy companies stopped producing as much gas to account for the lack of demand, because storing gas costs money and it goes bad if left unused. Now, people are out driving again, but gas production takes a long time to ramp back up, which means there's a lower supply of gas while the production lag is happening, combined with a higher demand for gas overall now that people are driving more, which means higher gas prices. The thing is that this whole process took a long time to transpire, long enough that a Democrat was elected president during the later part of it. So naturally because the negative effects (higher prices) happened to take place after Biden's election, every Republican with vocal cords is now screaming that it's all Biden's fault.

But nah, let's just make a big hyuck hyuck sign blaming Biden for everything, which republicans will love because they want it to be true so bad that they won't bother fact checking or thinking about it for two seconds before buying it whole hog. To sum things up in the words of Donald Trump: "I love the poorly educated!"

I would argue that it's impossible to not talk politics in a thread about how a company is gouging the hell out of its clients, and the political landscape in which that company exists and is allowed to operate that way. Seems perfectly on-topic to me. :)
#DemocratsAreScum

This is a fact. Gotta love Ca.

What's even more interesting is the price for 100 octane race gas at the pump hasn't changed. It's always been $9 and change. And it's still that price. Meanwhile the price of 87, 89, and 91 has gone up and up and up. What that tells me is the price of gasoline hasn't actually gone up on the supply side. Or if it has, it's been minute. Or maybe 100 octane profit margins are just massive and Sunoco and the stations haven't bothered to raise it for some reason. Maybe because it's a niche product. I dunno. Just seems fishy.

If oil is in short supply and gas is more expensive to refine and transport... then the price of ALL gasoline products should be going up. But it isn't.

pandemic - who was it that said covid was "no big deal, it's like a flu" causing most of the conservative west to simply not care about spreading it around? Republicans. Who actively fought against the vaccine for covid, and still fights it with their anti-vax nonsense? Republicans. They've done everything they could to minimize how serious it is/was, and as a consequence it has impacted the US harder overall and per capita than basically any other developed nation in the world. But in the meantime it's killed over a million people in the US and debilitated many times more people than that, which has had very measurable effects the country's workforce and production. But nah, it must just all be the Democrats' fault because there happens to be a Democrat president when people are finally feeling the effects it all.

depression - how is it a depression when corporations are showing their earnings to be the highest they've been in 70 years? It's not "a depression" it's "corporations putting their boots of the necks of people like you and me" by leveraging the global shipping and logistics problem to arbitrarily raise prices because fuck you, what are you going to do about it? Especially if they all get together and raise prices in unison? Again, they are making more money than they have in the last 70 years. Oh, and Republicans have done everything they can to remove any and all regulations that these companies might have to follow so they're extra free to do whatever they want and give you no alternatives, with basically no consequences. Relevant to this thread: Etsy, who owns Reverb, had a Q4 2021 income of $161.6 million, up 8.8% from the previous year. So they're definitely not hurting. These fees are 100% nothing but gouging their customers. But Nah. What's happening is definitely a depression caused by dang ole big gubmint, right? Nope.

gas shortage - I don't know if you're aware, but something happened in 2020 called "covid-19." Maybe you've heard of it. It basically led to everybody staying at home for the better part of a year and a half at least, which means they stopped driving around, which means they stopped buying gas. In other words, demand for gas fell through the floor. Because of that, the price then fell through the floor because there was so little demand. In response to that, energy companies stopped producing as much gas to account for the lack of demand, because storing gas costs money and it goes bad if left unused. Now, people are out driving again, but gas production takes a long time to ramp back up, which means there's a lower supply of gas while the production lag is happening, combined with a higher demand for gas overall now that people are driving more, which means higher gas prices. The thing is that this whole process took a long time to transpire, long enough that a Democrat was elected president during the later part of it. So naturally because the negative effects (higher prices) happened to take place after Biden's election, every Republican with vocal cords is now screaming that it's all Biden's fault.

If you actually look at the data, you will see how Biden has impacted the gas/oil markets for the worse. He even flat out said multiple times he was going to destroy the fossil fuel industry.
As for data, look at the iea.com website for oil production worlwide by year. In the Obama days and prior (even republican years) domestic oil production was anywhere from 10-15million barrels per day. During Trump years we were up to 21 million barrels oer day…Biden gets in and what happens…2021 we were at 10million again. Also you will see that prior to Trump years we imported much more oil than use our domestic and we are back to that again.
The next place you will want to look is blm.gov and check out the leases, again you will see Biden’s impact on them.
FWIW I think Trump is an ass, but his energy policies did actually work for us for once.
Now with Biden dumping our oil reserves, prices of course have come down alittle, prior to election. Pre-rona our gas prices were 2-2.50 per gallon…during rona was 1.50ish. And now about 4.00.

The thing noone is mentioning is the price of diesel…it is almost $6.00 a gallon here and our emergency supply is down to about 25 days I read…

What's even more interesting is the price for 100 octane race gas at the pump hasn't changed. It's always been $9 and change. And it's still that price. Meanwhile the price of 87, 89, and 91 has gone up and up and up. What that tells me is the price of gasoline hasn't actually gone up on the supply side. Or if it has, it's been minute. Or maybe 100 octane profit margins are just massive and Sunoco and the stations haven't bothered to raise it for some reason. Maybe because it's a niche product. I dunno. Just seems fishy.

If oil is in short supply and gas is more expensive to refine and transport... then the price of ALL gasoline products should be going up. But it isn't.
Look at some of the VP fuels…that stuff has gone way up. Some of the stuff my buddies run is $25 a gallon. I haven’t bought any Sunoco 110 in a few years, it was $7.00 where I was first getting it. Last time was 8.00. Still have about 15 gals or so…love the smell of that stuff. 😁 I remember years ago getting CamII for $3.50 a gallon, 94 ultra was around $1.00 I think.

Look at some of the VP fuels…that stuff has gone way up. Some of the stuff my buddies run is $25 a gallon. I haven’t bought any Sunoco 110 in a few years, it was $7.00 where I was first getting it. Last time was 8.00. Still have about 15 gals or so…love the smell of that stuff. 😁 I remember years ago getting CamII for $3.50 a gallon, 94 ultra was around $1.00 I think.

We get Sunoco SS100 here

Back