PRS Archon Speaker Recommendations?

skullfxr

I have the 25watt combo and find myself very impressed, but I cannot help but feel that the T75 really isn't helping anything and that I could squeeze a little bit more out of it with a different speaker.

I don't want to buy a 'new' speaker ideally and don't really want to drop more than $100 on it.

There is a greenback on CL for cheap that I am considering how do you think that would do? There is also a creamback that kind of tempts me too, and of course a bunch of cheap V30's too. What do you think?

Probably be good idea to explain what you're looking for and what about the T75 you're not digging. ie.. too bright, more low end etc.

Agreed...

What tones are you after in the amp and what about the current speaker do you dislike? Info on those two things alone can yield many different suggestions.

I am happy with the tone now but I know that every amp I have liked with T75's I have liked better with a different speaker in the long run.

I feel like I could get more out of it. Is all I guess really.

I have always wanted to try a swamp Thang.

What do you all think about a Swamp Thang compared to a k100. I am a big k100 fan and have a lot of them

I shopped around and found a used Scumback M55 on Reverb for $120 shipped.

I installed it yesterday and DAMN! what an AMAZING difference. NIGHT AND DAY. Nice smooth mid and treble and much more full bottom end, and no fizz. Much much better.

Thanks everyone and of course Jim.

Back