PSA: "Who is the real Larry?" thread is live

Yes, a troll because I think this forums coveted amp that nobody has ever made a decent recording with other than about one band, is overrated. BRING OUT THE PITCHFORKS BRO.

You are looking for attention, sympathy, drama, whatever the fuck it is to brighten your day, I have no idea. I just know that everytime I had a bone to pick with someone about a monetary issue, the first thing I ALWAYS do is blast it out on a guitar forum…… wait, no. I’ve actually never done that, ever. Call me crazy.
Well if you have any other advice I’m all ears, because dealing with Helmut directly is a dead end.

On the other hand, he is a malignant narcissist and exposing him publicly knowing his perfect image of himself is in danger usually gets him to react, and has had positive consequences for others in the past and even led to someone getting an amp sooner (albeit not the one they ordered, this story will be told soon). However, in my case with the tubes the opposite happened, but he had ghosted me at that point anyway.

And I’ve already had contact from customers based on what’s been posted in this forum over the last day, so it is having the desired effect so far.

And how would people know Larry’s reputation if he lies about it?
Based in the word of others, and that’s what we’re doing here, trying to show everyone who they are getting into business with.

There is ZERO debate on whether his amps sound amazing, because they do. But it baffles me the people who succumb to the unobtanium for...wait for it...........internet street cred. Say that out loud to yourselves people. There are SOOOOO many other amazing options out there that will get you close enough or even nail the sound you're looking for.

I'll admit it, I almost forked over a deposit for a BK era Cameron and a Larry at one point. You are an absolute fool if you're willing to wait that long and tie up your money on such unreliable entities for the sake of musician materialism. Covid shortages aside, If I can't get an amp in 90 days from a builder, sorry, you're not getting my money. I'm still going to get a Wizard but I'm not going to buy one new. Not willing to wait.

Yes, a troll because I think this forums coveted amp that nobody has ever made a decent recording with other than about one band, is overrated. BRING OUT THE PITCHFORKS BRO.

You are looking for attention, sympathy, drama, whatever the fuck it is to brighten your day, I have no idea. I just know that everytime I had a bone to pick with someone about a monetary issue, the first thing I ALWAYS do is blast it out on a guitar forum…… wait, no. I’ve actually never done that, ever. Call me crazy.
Dude, I've never had an issue with you about anything. But, I gotta say, you have a SERIOUS obsession with hating on the C+. Like, some C+ stole your girl, while holding you down AND simultaneously pissing into your bran flakes. It's kinda weird.

And, who in the holy fuck gives two shits about IF an amp was used to record anything...like, how in the hell does that matter? So, if amp A was used to record blah blah blah albums it must be the 'greatest amp evah!!!!' ?? No one gives a rats ass, esp here or really in any other gear forum that I can see. Because, if that's some justified way of 'rating' an amp then your favorite 5150 or variant 5153 etc is the king right? Because they were used on 5 gazillion albums blah blah blah. But, anyone with half a brain and half an ear knows those amps are just OK at best compared to MANY others out there. Just because something was used to record this or that doesn't mean shit. I've heard recordings of Marshall Artist 3203s that sound fn killer. Does that mean I'm gonna run out and sell my 72 Marshall because of it? Oh hell no.
Rig Talk isn't 'recording studio talk' afaik. So no one here other than you is going to have this rating system of 'if it was used on blah album and blah album then it must be killah!!!'.
And by the way, saying the C+ wasn't used to record anything seems to ignore the fact that the greatest Metal Band of all time, Metallica, DID record the C+ over....and over....and over again.
Just saying.
On a more serious note, have a good day.
:giggle:

Disfigured’s plight is approaching it’s 5 year anniversary. Attempts were made 10 x over to settle it privately. 9/10 attempts were ignored completely. Finally Larry promised the big money shot release was imminent but all Disfigured was left with was the worst case of blue balls ever.

so, im only a casual here... long timer on tgp and hc.... i have NO CLUE what these threads are about.

can someone give me a rollup of how long are the Larry wait and costs? have there been instances of Larry taking money and not delivering? and who are the "builders" calling him out?

seems like there are some amp brands that only get traction here at rig talk and id like to at least know what they are so i can research and see if im interested.....

really? His age? GTFOH.

ill be honest, even reading through the years that larry might be a little "difficult" as ill call it, i was debating doing whatever to get on a waiting list, but Lester is right.. if he actually is in his 70s and there is a four year waiting list im not sure how safe of an investment that is and it stopped me from doing it.

Dude, I've never had an issue with you about anything. But, I gotta say, you have a SERIOUS obsession with hating on the C+. Like, some C+ stole your girl, while holding you down AND simultaneously pissing into your bran flakes. It's kinda weird.

And, who in the holy fuck gives two shits about IF an amp was used to record anything...like, how in the hell does that matter? So, if amp A was used to record blah blah blah albums it must be the 'greatest amp evah!!!!' ?? No one gives a rats ass, esp here or really in any other gear forum that I can see. Because, if that's some justified way of 'rating' an amp then your favorite 5150 or variant 5153 etc is the king right? Because they were used on 5 gazillion albums blah blah blah. But, anyone with half a brain and half an ear knows those amps are just OK at best compared to MANY others out there. Just because something was used to record this or that doesn't mean shit. I've heard recordings of Marshall Artist 3203s that sound fn killer. Does that mean I'm gonna run out and sell my 72 Marshall because of it? Oh hell no.
Rig Talk isn't 'recording studio talk' afaik. So no one here other than you is going to have this rating system of 'if it was used on blah album and blah album then it must be killah!!!'.
And by the way, saying the C+ wasn't used to record anything seems to ignore the fact that the greatest Metal Band of all time, Metallica, DID record the C+ over....and over....and over again.
Just saying.
On a more serious note, have a good day.
:giggle:

I have a serious hate for it? Really? I get called a troll because I think the amp is overrated, it’s really that simple. But somehow I’m a troll.,.. because I don’t agree. THAT is the only reason I brought it up in this post, because outside of trolling thegame ( which I absolutely love to do and take full responsibility for) the only thing this guy can fault me for is me blasting the c+ when people talk about it and give their opinions…. So that makes someone a troll now? I guess we all have to think the same way and aren’t allowed to have differing opinions. I feel like the same people running our country are the same crybabies here who get butthurt when you don’t agree with them. And I only give it shit because it’s got god like status on guitar forums just like the SLO, with barely any street cred to show for it, so yes, it gets blasted. There’s a slight sliver of evidence that suggests it should have the credibility it does, same thing with the SLO. That’s why I slam it. If you or anyone else thinks it’s awesome, GREAT. I don’t, so that makes someone a troll now.

I have a serious hate for it? Really? I get called a troll because I think the amp is overrated, it’s really that simple. But somehow I’m a troll.,.. because I don’t agree. THAT is the only reason I brought it up in this post, because outside of trolling thegame ( which I absolutely love to do and take full responsibility for) the only thing this guy can fault me for is me blasting the c+ when people talk about it and give their opinions…. So that makes someone a troll now? I guess we all have to think the same way and aren’t allowed to have differing opinions. I feel like the same people running our country are the same crybabies here who get butthurt when you don’t agree with them. And I only give it shit because it’s got god like status on guitar forums just like the SLO, with barely any street cred to show for it, so yes, it gets blasted. There’s a slight sliver of evidence that suggests it should have the credibility it does, same thing with the SLO. That’s why I slam it. If you or anyone else thinks it’s awesome, GREAT. I don’t, so that makes someone a troll now.
First I didn't call you a troll.
Secondly, what's this 'street cred' you talk about?? Who and what determines 'street cred' ?? You mean 'recording cred'? Don't know about that and don't personally care. Regarding 'street cred' about these amps, well seems to me there have been some pretty great players that like them. One, loved the SLO so much he took Peaveys endorsement and told them to make him a copy of the SLO. I'd guess that might mean one of the if not THE greatest rock guitar player of all time might have liked the SLO. Might say something? No? Now, is it a 'killah metal mayhem monster' amp? No. It's a great rock/hard rock/blues amp that has amazing clarity and a killer power section but struggles to do tight monster metal stuff vs say an Engl. Like every amp, not everyone likes everything. So it ain't your cup a tea. Cool.
C+, again who's saying it's the 'bestest amp evah'? I think it has amazing feel which I've never experienced in any other amp, has great clarity and IS very tight, so it could be used for metal if one wanted to. Has it been? Well, other than the GREATEST METAL BAND OF ALL TIME Metallica using them many times on albums, not really. :ROFLMAO:
Again, it ain't your cup o tea. Cool. I think 5150s are average at best amps. You love them. Cool.
For me, clarity and a killer power section are my favorite things about an amp and those two check both categories for me. But, in the end I've sold all my C+ and SLOs because my Marshalls are king. I should mention that I did score an amazing Rev C Dual recently that I think I like even better than any of my C+....but I'm still in the honeymoon phase so there's that.
We all don't agree on everything here....it's all good in the end to disagree.
Just as long as you admit that you're wrong. :cheers: Just fn with ya.

First I didn't call you a troll.
Secondly, what's this 'street cred' you talk about?? Who and what determines 'street cred' ?? You mean 'recording cred'? Don't know about that and don't personally care. Regarding 'street cred' about these amps, well seems to me there have been some pretty great players that like them. One, loved the SLO so much he took Peaveys endorsement and told them to make him a copy of the SLO. I'd guess that might mean one of the if not THE greatest rock guitar player of all time might have liked the SLO. Might say something? No? Now, is it a 'killah metal mayhem monster' amp? No. It's a great rock/hard rock/blues amp that has amazing clarity and a killer power section but struggles to do tight monster metal stuff vs say an Engl. Like every amp, not everyone likes everything. So it ain't your cup a tea. Cool.
C+, again who's saying it's the 'bestest amp evah'? I think it has amazing feel which I've never experienced in any other amp, has great clarity and IS very tight, so it could be used for metal if one wanted to. Has it been? Well, other than the GREATEST METAL BAND OF ALL TIME Metallica using them many times on albums, not really. :ROFLMAO:
Again, it ain't your cup o tea. Cool. I think 5150s are average at best amps. You love them. Cool.
For me, clarity and a killer power section are my favorite things about an amp and those two check both categories for me. But, in the end I've sold all my C+ and SLOs because my Marshalls are king. I should mention that I did score an amazing Rev C Dual recently that I think I like even better than any of my C+....but I'm still in the honeymoon phase so there's that.
We all don't agree on everything here....it's all good in the end to disagree.
Just as long as you admit that you're wrong. :cheers: Just fn with ya.

I feel ya, and that’s cool! Also yes you didn’t call me a troll, I was referring to disfigured or whoever.

If conversations went like this about gear, we wouldn’t have these problems of people getting butt hurt, that’s all I’m sayin.

Did I mention the c+ is actually the WORST amp ever made? :D

ill be honest, even reading through the years that larry might be a little "difficult" as ill call it, i was debating doing whatever to get on a waiting list, but Lester is right.. if he actually is in his 70s and there is a four year waiting list im not sure how safe of an investment that is and it stopped me from doing it.
Indeed. He is a Covid booster shot away from the big dirt nap.

There is ZERO debate on whether his amps sound amazing, because they do. But it baffles me the people who succumb to the unobtanium for...wait for it...........internet street cred. Say that out loud to yourselves people. There are SOOOOO many other amazing options out there that will get you close enough or even nail the sound you're looking for.

I'll admit it, I almost forked over a deposit for a BK era Cameron and a Larry at one point. You are an absolute fool if you're willing to wait that long and tie up your money on such unreliable entities for the sake of musician materialism. Covid shortages aside, If I can't get an amp in 90 days from a builder, sorry, you're not getting my money. I'm still going to get a Wizard but I'm not going to buy one new. Not willing to wait.
Wizard is like 6 weeks. That is fast as hell for no pcb. That guy is a machine

so, im only a casual here... long timer on tgp and hc.... i have NO CLUE what these threads are about.

can someone give me a rollup of how long are the Larry wait and costs? have there been instances of Larry taking money and not delivering? and who are the "builders" calling him out?

seems like there are some amp brands that only get traction here at rig talk and id like to at least know what they are so i can research and see if im interested.....
Larry is a builder of the highest order, he dreams in circuits and makes magical tone boxes of precision German engineering.

A member here bought an amp, and amp was shipped with tubes in place. Tubes were broken in shipping. Buyer wants refund and Larry says refund was issued. At least, I think that is the situation.

Sometimes geniuses have a hard time dealing with people and are easily flustered. When he sees people on Rigtalk talking about him in an ill manner he can’t help but to try and defend himself because he sees this as attacks on his business. With his not so perfect English, he says things that become lost in translation and ends up fanning the flames of madness.

I don’t know what builders are against him, but Larry sold a couple amps to Mike Fortin. While they were being built Fortin sent question, after question, after question and shortly after released Fortin amp models that held some of Larry’s secret and powerful tone magic. Via sorcery of a powerful nature, Fortin went deep into black magic and learned to both, harness, and then wield Larry’s tone sorcery. Larry ended up with a Fortin on his bench and was both shocked and disgusted by what he discovered. He saw powerful spells of black magic that were spells he created. He could not believe Fortin had the strength or know how of the black arts to wield such power and ferocity. Fortin apparently stole the magic Larry conjures in his dreams during a deep slumber of important circuit dreams. He provided proof by showing what Fortin lifted. His precision German engineering was used, and he produced the worlds first dream conversion unit and he wakes in the morning with complete circuits mapped out.

I think he is a mad scientist who applies his wily genius to guitar amps. I heard a Larry modded Marshall on YouTube and was shocked at how good it sounded. It was the best sounding modded Marshall I’ve ever heard. It was a red Marshall so it sounded even better, everyone knows the red tolex enhances the sound and tone. The other amps I’ve heard were also amazing. But due to his wily genius he erupts with passion and fury when someone attacks him. The buyer also erupts with anger at getting a Larry with broken tubes.

It appears we have a stale mate on our hands.

Mooncobra, that’s pretty funny but you’re mixing up many facts and details in that post. No time for side topics right now.

gettyimages-1137205109-612x612.jpg

Back