PSA: "Who is the real Larry?" thread is live

thegame

I simply ask that casual spectators, gawkers and the morbidly curious stand behind the police tape and do not enter the crime scene.

Last edited:
its funny actually seeing people like radio DJ's or amp builders youve heard or read about for decades, my reaction is usually something like "thats him?!?" :eek:

Larry ripped me off by not sending me tubes, then not refunding me for said tubes and is currently lying on this forum by saying he did. It’s extremely naive to think I will be the only one.

Larry is not a man of his word, but he wants you to believe he is.

In a couple years or so we are going to have another potential Cameron, Rico Jr, etc. situation. I at least want people to be informed about what they are getting themselves into,

What Thegame posted is the tip of the iceberg and only the beginning.

ONLY THE BEGINNING GUYZ, THIS IS IT, HES GOING DOWNZZZZ….

Jesus Christ…. This is really simple: no one is going to be swayed either way by doing business with Larry or not by a fucking post on some guitar forum. Newsflash: most of Larry’s customers are not on this forum to begin with, nor have they ever been or will be. Second, the vast majority of people on this forum can’t afford a Larry amp anyways, so what’s the point here? For years you see posts like this, and it ain’t the first about Larry, and guess what? Nothing happens… it’s like
High school drama.

I don’t have a dog in this fight but, If you have an issue, go the proper route of getting it resolved, I’m pretty sure posting on a guitar forum looking for sympathy is not the way.

Jesus Christ…. This is really simple: no one is going to be swayed either way by doing business with Larry or not by a fucking post on some guitar forum. Newsflash: most of Larry’s customers are not on this forum to begin with, nor have they ever been or will be. Second, the vast majority of people on this forum can’t afford a Larry amp anyways, so what’s the point here? For years you see posts like this, and it ain’t the first about Larry, and guess what? Nothing happens… it’s like
High school drama.

I don’t have a dog in this fight but, If you have an issue, go the proper route of getting it resolved, I’m pretty sure posting on a guitar forum looking for sympathy is not the way.
There are people on this forum who have given Larry deposits and are waiting for an amp, Larry uses this forum to obtain customers.

I’m not looking for sympathy, whoever said that? I’m making sure people have the knowledge they need to make informed decisions, I’m trying to prevent a similar situation as I described above.

So what you are posting is either misinformed or an outright lie in an attempt to troll.

But you are a known troll and will be treated as such.

High school drama.

You would be surprised how many in this forum don't order because of the feedback on this thread. No one is doubting that his amps are badass. But between the Steve K widow situation that is none of our business and the I believe it is Sblue thing, some of us are on the fence about wiring money for a 2 year or possibly never wait.

You would be surprised how many in this forum don't order because of the feedback on this thread. No one is doubting that his amps are badass. But between the Steve K widow situation that is none of our business and the I believe it is Sblue thing, some of us are on the fence about wiring money for a 2 year or possibly never wait.
Nailed it. Eddy Lenz’ Larry vid haunts my dreams, but I’d never even consider ordering one given the wait time and negative feedback.

I get it, I really do, it may deter some people here, and I agree with that kind of money, it would make me question it too. But, I also feel if you have that kind of money to spend on an amp, you are thoroughly already aware of Larry’s reputation, be it good or bad in your eyes. I just think in the grand scheme of things, it’s really very high school dramaish, especially to sit around on a Friday night and dig up THAT kind of shit on the internet going back decades… really? His age? GTFOH.

There are people on this forum who have given Larry deposits and are waiting for an amp, Larry uses this forum to obtain customers.

I’m not looking for sympathy, whoever said that? I’m making sure people have the knowledge they need to make informed decisions, I’m trying to prevent a similar situation as I described above.

So what you are posting is either misinformed or an outright lie in an attempt to troll.

But you are a known troll and will be treated as such.

Yes, a troll because I think this forums coveted amp that nobody has ever made a decent recording with other than about one band, is overrated. BRING OUT THE PITCHFORKS BRO.

You are looking for attention, sympathy, drama, whatever the fuck it is to brighten your day, I have no idea. I just know that everytime I had a bone to pick with someone about a monetary issue, the first thing I ALWAYS do is blast it out on a guitar forum…… wait, no. I’ve actually never done that, ever. Call me crazy.

C7919FB0-9380-4B18-A361-650DCB78AF1C.jpeg

Also, where is Tiago in all of this? Where is his crybaby posts on a guitar forum at midnight digging up information from
15 year old posts? Im just curious… and name someone more respected on this forum than Tiago in general? Gee, there’s gotta be a correlation there somewhere…. But fuck it, let’s make a crybaby post anyways! After all, im thegame, I have a reputation as a crybaby liberal to protect!

Larry ripped me off by not sending me tubes, then not refunding me for said tubes and is currently lying on this forum by saying he did. It’s extremely naive to think I will be the only one.

Larry is not a man of his word, but he wants you to believe he is.

In a couple years or so we are going to have another potential Cameron, Rico Jr, etc. situation. I at least want people to be informed about what they are getting themselves into,

What Thegame posted is the tip of the iceberg and only the beginning.
Are you going to sell your Larry because it’s tainted? your venom towards him is powerful, can you enjoy the amp? I would imagine whenever you look at it you must be overcome with fury.

Sir, I might be able to help! In one fell swoop, via the acquisition of the Larry, it will be gone and your pain with it! I will take this heavy and sorrowful burden off your shoulders and help you out. Of course, you will owe me a huge favor, but I will take the first step, we will become true Rigtalk brothers and join hands in the act of friendship and passing the Larry to me.

I knew when I saw your anger at the injustice of the tubes that I had to step in and offer to help you by taking the tainted amp off of your hands, it’s the least I can do for a fellow member of the Rigtalk brotherhood!

Back