PSA: Winged C SED Price Increase !!

FortinAmps

Hey Everyone,
Maybe I'm late to get this info but I just went to purchase some SED EL34's from CE Dist. They are now $23 buck more per Quad :no: I also just got the new pricing 2011 pricing from SED USA.

So if some of you are in need of some SED tubes, now is the time to get some. Some places have already raise their prices.
Check out Tube depot's $89.95 for a PAIR of EL34s
http://www.tubedepot.com/sv-el34.html

If you want to support a forum member, buy them NOW from Laura!
http://www.valvequeen.com/

Have a great weekend!
Cheers,
Mike

I stopped buying them when I got my stiletto trident. To expensive for me. Even though they are my fav current production tube

Hey Mike!

I hope they don't increase the price of SED's here in the UK.... We already pay £92 for a quad here (approx $145 USD). :doh:

This what tube depot says

"World monetary markets, coupled with higher energy and labor prices in Russia, have fueled price increases for SED tubes here in the USA. TubeDepot.com is working to stabilize price levels and we want you to know that SED tubes still are the finest glass power tubes on the planet."

I don't think Doug's tubes has raised the prices yet.

Big fan of SED 6L6's and EL34's, too bad they are going up in price. Sometimes its nice to have mostly 50Watt amps though, cheaper to retube...

We just need to start a rumor here on RT that SED's are shit, then the price will drop.

In trying to find an alternative, its is going to be difficult. If there is one thing that has remained constant in my purchase of gear, it has been SED Winged C's. They are consistent, never a failure, can take a real beating and are reliable. I don't mind paying up a little, but they have slowly raised the prices over the last 6 months like we wouldn't notice!

I have tried a few alternates, but don't feel comfortable with them, or there has been an characteristic of the alternate that I didn't like.

That said - what now? Svetlana as a replacement? Tung Sols aren't bad. Ruby pre's are good. Don't care for the power tubes though.

Axe FX?

Steve

I guess we will find out... I just ordered a quad from them. I don't really need any EL34s at the moment, but an extra set can't hurt.

I´ll probably keep on buying them, they´re definitely my favorite EL34. But I guess it wouldn´t hurt to start considering a second option.

I just tried to order from Valvequeen, and it keeps showing 18 tubes at $531...I hit continue and got it down to a quad, then it asked me for a user name/password?

You need to sign up?

jcj":arou2g6b said:
I just tried to order from Valvequeen, and it keeps showing 18 tubes at $531...I hit continue and got it down to a quad, then it asked me for a user name/password?

You need to sign up?

Yes, but it is just for a shipping address record. I just ordered 2 more quads myself.

FYI....Doug's, Tube Depot and Tube Store have all jacked theirs up, especially Tube Depot. Went from $59 a pair to $89 overnight almost. I was just on there the other day getting some Tung Sol and Sovtek LPS preamp tubes. So, its been within the last couple days.

Steve

steve_k":3baplzuj said:
Laura is going to check her email soon from Paypal and go into labor.....
If shes not pregnant already it would be just in time for some immaculate conception!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

bubbastain":lefip7kf said:
Okay, I have to get a quad of 6L6s real soon. Like within the next couple of days. Tell me now, how much of a difference am I gonna hear between some SED =C= 6L6s and some JJ 6L6's in my VTM120? I was considering the SEDs, but since I have to buy 4 of them, $30 each is kind of steep. If I were re-tubing a 50 watter then i'd get them. Should I just bite the bullet and get em? $68 for quad of JJ's VS $118 for the SED's(plus shipping of course). I had some =C= El34s in my old Nitro and it sounded killer but I didn't have any other tubes to compare them to. Money is tight for me but I will get the better sounding tubes if REALLY makes a difference.

The Winged C 6L6 are a big improvement in tone compared to the JJ 6L6 IMO :thumbsup:

Back