Quantum physics anyone?

billsbigego

I'll start

If I'm not looking at the rock in front of my yard, it does not exist right? Objects only exist if there's an observer?

"quantum mechanics suggests that reality doesn't even exist in a definitive state independent of observation. It's as if the act of observation brings reality into existence. "

So if I call a neighbor across the street and ask them if the rock is still there, I'm assuming they would say yes. Also I assume this because the object is being observed, but by someone else. Now what if neither one of us is looking at the rock and we have a webcam looking at the rock. Is the webcam considered an observer? Is the observer phenomenon dependent on a conscious observer? The camera is not conscious, is it? Now if we go back and look at the camera footage, the rock would most likely be there, right? Now is this because we're looking at camera footage in past time? Or is this because although the camera took footage in the past, we're looking at it in the future? Or is time just a human construct.

This is the shit that keeps me up at night. Keep in mind, an atom is 99.9999999999999% empty space.

Please deposit your brain dumps here, whether factual or fantasy. Let's figure this shit out once and for all.

Believe….
IMG_1857.jpeg

Send a photon a thousand light years away. In two thousand years observe it's position and get back to us. You'll be observing the past. Much like the heavens you see now.

I'll start

If I'm not looking at the rock in front of my yard, it does not exist right? Objects only exist if there's an observer?

"quantum mechanics suggests that reality doesn't even exist in a definitive state independent of observation. It's as if the act of observation brings reality into existence. "

So if I call a neighbor across the street and ask them if the rock is still there, I'm assuming they would say yes. Also I assume this because the object is being observed, but by someone else. Now what if neither one of us is looking at the rock and we have a webcam looking at the rock. Is the webcam considered an observer? Is the observer phenomenon dependent on a conscious observer? The camera is not conscious, is it? Now if we go back and look at the camera footage, the rock would most likely be there, right? Now is this because we're looking at camera footage in past time? Or is this because although the camera took footage in the past, we're looking at it in the future? Or is time just a human construct.

This is the shit that keeps me up at night. Keep in mind, an atom is 99.9999999999999% empty space.

Please deposit your brain dumps here, whether factual or fantasy. Let's figure this shit out once and for all.
Well it’s theoretical. That is it is unobservable. The rock is clearly observable as is the rest of the known universe/dimension. Therefore it doesn’t apply to anything in the known, observable universe.

Well it’s theoretical. That is it is unobservable. The rock is clearly observable as is the rest of the known universe/dimension. Therefore it doesn’t apply to anything in the known, observable universe.
I'm going to have to take a couple of hits off the bong and re-read that. BRB

Lots of talk about the James Webb telescope….my problem is every video on YouTube talking about stuff shown by it has that pompous arrogant Tyson running his cocksucker. I can’t stand that loud mouthed arrogant fuck.
I’ll hit you up with some links if you are curious about jwst. I can’t say I’ve even heard Tyson talk about it all that much but there is heaps of content out there about it. It’s most interesting because it is challenging many long standing “accepted” ideas about cosmology. It may not prove anything wrong, but it is making people scrutinized things again

It's not quantum but just general physics:

Does a sealed enclosure increase in mass if birds are flying in it?

I agree. Compare to something like light which does behave differently when being observed. “Double slit” experiment is both fascinating and sexy sounding

I love this stuff.
The calculations of the observable finite and the unobservable infinite fascinate me.
Where does reality begin and end?
Also the possibility of mathematically possible multiple dimensions is an incredible idea - this would explain a lot I think in terms of what people call UFO's/spiritual beings etc...

This video is fantastic and really begins to look at the questions of what we see as reality, or whether our understanding and interaction of it is only as good as the mechanisms we possess to receive inputs from it.

Back