R.I.P. Forum Member "Splatter"

romanianreaper":1211iqiz said:
Just in case you guys hadn't seen in the COV-19 post, "Splatter" passed away on September 12th, due to complications from COV-19. He had some breathing issues and wasn't sure how it was going to turn out but seemed to be staying positive.

There is a link to his obituary in the COV-19 post. Some forum members were able to do a bit of research based on his address from past transactions, FB posts, etc. and we were able to confirm it was him. I posted something on his obituary page on behalf of his buddies at RT. I wanted his family to know that although we had never met him, he touched our lives. Today I saw something really awesome from one of his posts about his health issues to another member. He said something like "At least I have my guitars, my family, and God". Was a really nice post and I think he was ready for whatever.

I contacted Curt (Chubtone) because Splatter actually has a guitar due to be completed in early December. I wanted him to have a heads up and my hope is that his family will be able to get this one last gift delivered to them. If they can't afford it, I'll pay to have it completed myself and given to his son. I'm sure they will be good to go but we can collect money even to offset, etc. Some of the forum dudes are planning on setting up a collection for flowers so look for that soon if we can pull it off.

It is a really sad thing when a forum member passes. He was a funny guy and so many of us talked shop with him. Although we were not hanging out in person with him, he still was a bro and I know all of us are hoping his family is ok thru all of this. R.I.P.

where is covid post with link to his obituary?

Thanks everyone for the comments, etc. and really I'm just doing what any of you would do, just got there sooner. We all are in this "bubble" on the forum but outside of this, people have families, jobs, stresses, etc. Something was talking to me yesterday and just felt like the right thing to do. Like my Mom said, when someone hears a great story or something good during a time like this, it helps ease their pain a bit.

Just FYI for everyone, CNutz has offered to take care of the flower arrangements. If anyone is interested in donating, we will have his Paypal address up soon. I told CNutz if we get more donations than expected, we can get a bigger arrangement, etc. Thanks brothers!

Hey romanianreaper: VERY nice job posting that message on the obituary page. Not only was it a class move to do so, but you did such a great job on it.

UltraGary":dy52vsay said:
Hey romanianreaper: VERY nice job posting that message on the obituary page. Not only was it a class move to do so, but you did such a great job on it.

Thanks man, appreciate you saying that. There was something about Tim that just seemed to resonate with a lot of us here on the forum. You can tell by the outpouring of comments from RT members. I kept thinking about that last post he put up before going to the hospital. We meant something to him and we touched his life in some way. For me, it was having the same Charvel guitar and another on the way. For someone else it was sharing secrets on how to deal with physical pain.

It is touching to see everyone's comments on here. :thumbsup:

What terrible news. Even though I’m not a mega poster here I can tell by the comments here Tim was well liked and respected. I wish him a peaceful journey to the other side and hope he meets some of his hero’s that have already made it there.

Romainianreaper, the things you have done are above and beyond. It speaks volumes for your character. The next time your 45 minutes south on I75 the beers are on me brother

Very shocked and sorry to hear that and my condolences to his family. I remember him from either the Splawn or the Marshall forum. I do remember that he was a good guy and that we would direct message each other now and then including about some Christian metal bands. I trust that he is truly in a better place right now.

If anyone wants to contribute to a flower arrangement fund. PM me, and i'll give you my PP info.

Thanks

Just read this thread and the email from romanianreaper. We are trying to figure out what splatter's name is. The name rr emailed me is not someone we are building a guitar for. We don't even have anyone in the state they said he lived in with a guitar on order. If we can find out who it is and confirm he has an order in with us, we will immediately refund his deposit to his family as I am sure they could really use it right now.

CNutz":1ic0mlta said:
If anyone wants to contribute to a flower arrangement fund. PM me, and i'll give you my PP info.

Thanks

Damn.

So sad.

Sent you a pm. I’d like to contribute for flowers.

T

Just an update for everyone, got CNutz gathering money for the flowers for any interested. Also was some confusion on my part about his guitsr build. Was not a Chubtone build and was with another company. I've been in contact with Curt to keep things cleared up.

Back