R.I.P. Forum Member "Splatter"

Hey guys, are the flowers just going to go to the family residence because I am assuming there are no services allowed during the pandemic depending on where you guys are ? Which in itself is another brutal side effect of the loss, you don't even get to say goodbye properly.

dag, splatter was awesome here, I really enjoyed his posts. I was looking around and he was still joining bands and snatching up gear right till the end (and beyond), so awesome. Really surreal to lose a long time forum friend, I hope his loved ones are getting through this as best as possible.

[No message]

Attachments

• tim.jpg
    tim.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 418
  • timconf.jpg
    timconf.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 418
Second arrangement was sent:

We raised $230.00 total. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• timsmall.jpg
    timsmall.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 403
Kapo_Polenton":vwxbk4kl said:
Hey guys, are the flowers just going to go to the family residence because I am assuming there are no services allowed during the pandemic depending on where you guys are ? Which in itself is another brutal side effect of the loss, you don't even get to say goodbye properly.

I know here in NJ they had allowed 10 people at a funeral and only immediate family at the funeral home. Lost my aunt to this shit a few months back. Things keep changing all the time but that was the procedure in June.

Thanks Cnutz and RReaper! :cheers:

Looks like I wasn't fast enough. I was thinking I was going to contribute to the guitar fund but now I see that may not be a thing (thanks to Chubtone for coming here to chime in). I looked up a bunch of posts from Splatter on the Splawn proboards as well as here. So sad.

I don't have the skills or tools but was thinking it would also be cool if we could somehow 'write a song' and get that to his wife. Kind of like a drum jam but slow and melodic. What would you guys think of that? Might also be cool to somehow get her (his family) quotes and avatar pics from this thread.

RIP, that sucks. I was literally just thinking about this the other day (from the original post about him getting Covid). Peace to his family.

CNutz,

Please send me pp info if you’re still taking donations.....tried pm’ing you, but it’s hanging in the outbox

CNutz":16ppgyi7 said:
Second arrangement was sent:

We raised $230.00 total. Thanks everyone!

Awesome brother!!! Appreciate the work you put into this.

Thanks everyone on the forum whether you donated or even simply put your sentiments about his passing in a post. I was really sad when I heard about him passing and it really was on my mind. Like I said before, the fact that he sent that last message to us really just sat with me.

There is a lot of confusion and negative energy with a lot of things in the world right now. It made me so happy to see all of the posts and how we were all pulling together and brainstorming on ideas of how to handle this. These moments are what life is about and this is what is important.

I hope this small thing we were able to do for the family helps them with some of the pain for a bit. Just a side note. I saw another message on his obituary page from a neighbor of his and said he loved listening to him play guitar. Made me smile a bit. Thanks again dudes! -RR

Sphere":sx6tetkc said:
CNutz,

Please send me pp info if you’re still taking donations.....tried pm’ing you, but it’s hanging in the outbox

Oh, sorry about that. We've sent out two arrangements, so I've stopped taking donations. Thanks for your gesture :thumbsup:

Very sad. His family is in my prayers. RIP

I wish COVID would go away. We had our kids back to daycare for 4 days and a teacher now has COVID.

My 20 month old is as sick as a dog tonight. Praying to Jesus it’s just a cold.

Back