R.I.P. Steve_k

Damn, terrible news. But, on a lighter note...can't say the guy died not having played what he wanted...because he played/owned pretty much every amp ever!

sutepaj":3fl86gf2 said:
Damn, terrible news. But, on a lighter note...can't say the guy died not having played what he wanted...because he played/owned pretty much every amp ever!

He had just bought my 1969 Super Bass 100w Marshall in early March. He got it, and said he dug how "brown" it could get. I'm just in shock that he was doing ok 10-14 days ago when we last messaged. Steve had been a client for over 10 years, so this was a shock to lose him so suddenly.

Scumback Speakers":268gkk7x said:
sutepaj":268gkk7x said:

He had just bought my 1969 Super Bass 100w Marshall in early March. He got it, and said he dug how "brown" it could get. I'm just in shock that he was doing ok 10-14 days ago when we last messaged. Steve had been a client for over 10 years, so this was a shock to lose him so suddenly.

...always worry when folks (musicians) go, and leave behind gear. i hope he has someone in charge that knows how to handle it/value it properly. and i certainly don't mean any disrespect, i just know how some can, and will, take advantage of situations...i've seen it first hand. i'm sure he had it all worked out. :rock:

He was definitely a solid guy around here. Sucks what that shit does to you. I just lost my uncle this morning to it.. FUCK CANCER!!
He will be missed for sure... :(

I'm sure it was very quick and unexpected. I just had a short conversation with him about five days ago.

Steve and Jeremy losing them is horrible. I hope the best for the family.

Greg Riley":18b9vwy5 said:
Last weekend I was in the hospital after having open heart surgery to remove my pericardium at Vanderbilt University from "Constrictive Pericarditis".. Steve messaged my wife to see "how I was doing" after the surgery.. Steve messaged me Monday while I was in recovery to see "how I was doing".. Then he told me he had two months to live.. "That's who Steve really was"..... more then just the lengendary tone connoisseur he was..

That sounds about right, based on my experiences with Steve.

Hope your recovery is going well.

I didn't know him, but I'm seeing a lot of nice words for him in a lot of my groups.

Sounded like one heck of a nice dude that knew so much about gear. My sincere condolences to his family, friends and everyone he touched.

Steve was a great guy. We were just chatting about bands not long ago. I lost track of all the amps we swapped ages ago. He'll be missed for sure.

Over the years he did a lot of nice things for people here. I was interested in an amp he was selling back in the day and he offered to send it and let me try it before buying it. He was a true class act.

guitarmike":1gjfq85k said:
Over the years he did a lot of nice things for people here. I was interested in an amp he was selling back in the day and he offered to send it and let me try it before buying it. He was a true class act.

There is truth to that.
RIP

Man, how terrible. I’m so sick of fucking cancer. Lost my Dad Feb. 25 and one of my best friends on March 31.... Steve was one of Rigtalk’s all time heaviest hitters. He had a ridiculous amount of experience and knowledge about gear. I loved his no nonsense comments. Especially when he was shutting down amateur hour on his classifieds. :LOL: :LOL: RIP Steve K. Rig talk will miss you.

I PM'd him once about a guitar but other than that I didn't really have interaction with him. I've only been here a few years and after reading all these posts it's clear I missed out.

RIP

Wow, really upsetting news.
I've done numerous deals with Steve and he's always been a great guy to deal with.
:no:

Beyond Black":2pu35sxu said:
Man, how terrible. I’m so sick of fucking cancer. Lost my Dad Feb. 25 and one of my best friends on March 31....
phil b":2pu35sxu said:
I just lost my uncle this morning to it.. FUCK CANCER!!
He will be missed for sure... :(
Sorry to hear about your recent losses, brothers. :no:

These anecdotes of Steve's grandeur and kindness ..tragic loss. Seems like he was a model human being.
RESPECT. RIP.

Back