Radiotron Engineering Abaddon 5GS Design

  • Thread starter Thread starter glpg80
  • Start date Start date
glpg80

glpg80

Well-known member
Here’s a high gain phone clip video of something that sounds pretty unique and something I’ve been working on most of the year.

There’s no boost pedals or effects. Amps probably too loud for the phone with the master on 3.5, but I’m sharing it for enjoyment.

Be sure to select 1080p :rock:

 
Sweet Baby Jesus that sounds great.
The girth is ridiculous...
Want!!
 
I know this is heresy but is there a clean channel?
Totally get the desire for a working man’s clean tone which is totally doable. I’d likely just install Jeremy’s @RedPlated add a clean if you need a working man’s clean channel and call it done. I already use DC heaters and relay control for other features, and I’m good friends with Jeremy and totally support his work.
 
Last edited:
I saw the video last night. It sounds huge.

This is probably 1/4 of the gain that’s actually on tap and being used. I had a gain knob pulled for tight here, one gain knob was on 2, the other on 4.5 or so, and the 5th gain stage gain boost was engaged. I also have diode clipping on here, but it’s my take on diode clipping and nothing remotely related to Jose or anyone else because you can still roll your volume down and get a clean with it on.

There’s no noise gate here either and I never turned down the volume knob.
 
Last edited:
Sounds great, it has big balls
1786766083475.gif
 
Back
Top