Ratsbane

GuitarGuy08

Hello all,

I grabbed a Wampler Ratsbane recently from a store trip. Went in to grab a fuzz but saw the ratsbane and had to grab it! Wampler is a solid company and they make great sounding products. The ratsbane DOES sound great and the tonal variation you can get from this pedal is huge.

That being said, does anyone else notice the noise floor on this thing? Like I can take my OCD and pop it to high power mode and max the gain and level out and it still isn't as loud or hissy as the RB.

When watching an Andertons video where they blindfold shootout rat pedals, they also mention the noise, so I am thinking it's normal?

If I take my Keeley comp+ and basically max out the settings, I can replicate the hiss from the RB but the knobs are literally all turned to max and on the RB, we have basically all Noon settings.

I've tried with multiple cables, power supplies, completely isolated the pedal itself, etc.

This thing just seems to be noisier than expected.

Any thoughts from other users??

Thanks,

Michael

I just grabbed one of those for a mini pedal board I built. I expect as much from a Rat pedal. It does its job.

I just grabbed one of those for a mini pedal board I built. I expect as much from a Rat pedal. It does its job.
Agreed! It does it's job. I find that the range in the OCD I have is actually kind of insane. Sounds a lot more 3d but the RB has its own sound and feel that is unique. I am going to leave it on the my board for now because it really is just so much fun to play with in a Marshall. Will crank it through my Rivera when I get it to see what it sounds like through a Fender blackface style amp

Into a Marshall, Kill Em All

Great into a cooking AC30 as well.
I have a little Vox 4ac I'll crank it into.

That will give me a Fender Blackface, Marshall and Vox to test it through. Will try to do some type of demo/research and eventually post my results.

Back