Recommendations for a great EQ pedal for the FX loop?

Soundstorm

I have a Boss GE-7 i used to run in front of my Marshalls, but it's starting to crap out. Looking for something different and high quality to run in an FX loop, recommendations?

For Graph EQ’s my favorites are the vintage Ibanez BE-10, Ibanez GE-601, and Boss GE-10

For Parametric EQ’s my favorites are the vintage Ibanez PQ-401, first version Furman PQ3, Intersound PRV-1 and Audioarts 4100. I sold years ago the TC1140 and Empress because of those units

1707501181492.jpeg

The new Ibanez PTEQ looks great and is cheap.

I like the old Boss EQ20, can save settings and toggle between 2 on the fly.

I had the MXR M108, I didn't like it as much. I want the 800hz.

Source Audio has countless fans.

As with any pedal recommendation I’d also suggest a vintage one for a more organic, lively sound. If you do that it’s hard to go wrong, but the ones I listed above are my favorites

Another I forgot (and one exception to vintage) is the Thorpy Team Medic. It’s my 2nd favorite boost also (when used that way) of the 150+ I’ve been through only to my actual Klon centaur. It is noisy though, but a good gate should do it

I have a Boss GE-7 i used to run in front of my Marshalls, but it's starting to crap out. Looking for something different and high quality to run in an FX loop, recommendations?
I would contact XAct Tone Solutions and send in your stock Boss GE-7 EQ pedal for their midrange mod. I just got mine and it's money well spent for the mod. The midrange frequencies are useable and it's quiet.

Back