RIP Steve Albini

That tour diary reads so poorly for him that it almost seems like something another party would create to perform character assassination. If it’s really his writing, the guy was a sick piece of work and the classic asshole who thinks he’s the decent guy, surrounded by assholes. It’s hard to believe anyone self aware would write that for people to see, even pre-internet boom.
I always thought he was a little pretentiously, self righteous in his interviews about working with bands and how he talked about music. Especially his stance on not taking points on records but I never would have thought what was in that diary was in his character. My first instinct is it might be bogus? But, we never really know people.

That might explain the Nevermind album cover. I guess we'll never know as this sicko is off to never neverland ranch now.
Well, Butch Vig is from Chicago too. Maybe there’s something in the Polish sausage there? Or is that an Illinois euphemism for a 12 years old boy with a Martel up his ass? 😂

That tour diary reads so poorly for him that it almost seems like something another party would create to perform character assassination. If it’s really his writing, the guy was a sick piece of work and the classic asshole who thinks he’s the decent guy, surrounded by assholes. It’s hard to believe anyone self aware would write that for people to see, even pre-internet boom.
I always thought he was a little pretentiously, self righteous in his interviews about working with bands and how he talked about music. Especially his stance on not taking points on records but I never would have thought what was in that diary was in his character. My first instinct is it might be bogus? But, we never really know people.
The Big Black tour diary was published in Forced Exposure magazine at the time and later posted on the Shellac site.

that was an uncomfortable read. i was never really a fan of his stuff, but i remember watching a few of his interviews a long time ago when i was learning to record and thinking he was a total space cadet weirdo who i couldnt understand anyone wanting to work with, like i couldnt tell if some of the stupid shit he would say he was actually being serious about or if it was his way of trying to be funny or something, either way he seemed whack to me. i remember reading a few things about him being sketchy as well but nothing like that article, fuck that dude.

This is wild that he posted this shit publicly and NO ONE called him out
Well he has always been an edgelord. Big Black and Rapeman also had some horrible lyrics.

And the creator of these zines he talked about were a member of Whitehouse, which were extremely influential in the noise scene. So it’s not very surprising that Albini thought highly of him being a noise rock artist.

So yeah not surprising to me at all and sounded totally in character for young edgelord Albini lol.

I read the article, and then I read a bit of the responses. The article appears to come from someone known to do hit pieces of questionable authenticity to gain clicks. Doesn't mean those things aren't true, or at least that the guy wasn't playing the edgelord beyond where he should have stopped, but also not taking any of as accurate either.

I say that as someone who hadn't heard of him before and had no opinion going in.....y'll just got me curious.

I read the article, and then I read a bit of the responses. The article appears to come from someone known to do hit pieces of questionable authenticity to gain clicks. Doesn't mean those things aren't true, or at least that the guy wasn't playing the edgelord beyond where he should have stopped, but also not taking any of as accurate either.

I say that as someone who hadn't heard of him before and had no opinion going in.....y'll just got me curious.
It would explain why this seems to have been such a surprise in its severity of wackness. Plus quite a few of the artists this guy has worked with would not have, if this was that well known.

Well God is pretty clear on abusing children. What cracks me up is the drive to normalize this perversion. And their treatment in prison is a wonderful thing. At least with the white boys. If he’s a chomo then fuck him. If not then I hate he’s being accused of it. Usually when there’s smoke there’s fire though.

Back