Rockinchippy 2022 Cameron Amps Rig Rundown

Doug Aldrich told Chippy to fuck off.
That doesn't surprise me. I don't know Chippy but he seems extremely stuck in the 80's and too focused on "Being Friends" with 80's Rockstars. a bunch of amps that can do the same thing & a bunch of 80's sig model guitars don't impress me.....I Find it cheesy really.

Last edited:
That doesn't surprise me. I don't know Chippy but he seems extremely stuck in the 80's and too focused on "Being Friends" with 80's Rockstars. a bunch of amps that can do the same thing & a bunch of 80's sig model guitars do't impress me.....I Find it cheesy really.
Just listen to him when he describes his "signature amp". "When I told people I'm getting my own signature amp, it's like whoa. It's not because Im a narcissist, its because me and Mark are friends..it was his idea!" It's like a 48 year old guy that buys a super expensive sports car, then goes and parks it in front of the local high school when it's letting out for the day and asks the girls "You like my new ride, heh yeah, thought so!"

Just listen to him when he describes his "signature amp". "When I told people I'm getting my own signature amp, it's like whoa. It's not because Im a narcissist, its because me and Mark are friends..it was his idea!" It's like a 48 year old guy that buys a super expensive sports car, then goes and parks it in front of the local high school when it's letting out for the day and asks the girls "You like my new ride, heh yeah, thought so!"
Check out his IG Page you'll get to see his mustang.

Too much hate. We're all gear dorks.
It's not hate. Imagine if some guy came on Rig Talk and scammed a bunch of guys for money and amps. Then I came on here and said "Look, sorry you guys got scammed but he's a KILLER guitar player. I'm heading to his house to jam right now and he's gonna cut me a deal on some badass amps. Sorry about your luck though." I wonder what the reaction to that would be? What's the difference?

This guy has never been in a band his entire life. Think about that.
He also commissioned an amp from a great local builder, then reneged on payment. A real piece of work, this guy. A real F@gBitch Loser.
Do tell !

200w.gif

I can't name the guy. He's my go-to amp guru and I don't want to piss anybody off.
What I can say is QuiffChippy commissioned him to build a 100 watt Marshall-style/ size head and when the head was finished he changed his mind. Didn't buy it/ pay for it.
FaigChippy is my guy if I want to watch a dude playing 1 minute segments of Def Leppard tunes while staring into a Laptop.
He's known to rent his amps to actual talented guitarists.......He's a local punk w/ disposable income and no talent. He's 45? Never played in a band. How sad. Not the guy who's opinion I'd want on anything, let-alone guitar gear.

I can't name the guy. He's my go-to amp guru and I don't want to piss anybody off.
What I can say is QuiffChippy commissioned him to build a 100 watt Marshall-style/ size head and when the head was finished he changed his mind. Didn't buy it/ pay for it.
FaigChippy is my guy if I want to watch a dude playing 1 minute segments of Def Leppard tunes while staring into a Laptop.
He's known to rent his amps to actual talented guitarists.......He's a local punk w/ disposable income and no talent. He's 45? Never played in a band. How sad. Not the guy who's opinion I'd want on anything, let-alone guitar gear.
I respect the non-disclosure element. I figured it out anyway. "Nice guys" don't do things like that in my book.

And in the end Mark did right and the amp was a bit modern for his tastes.
Good for you Mark.

does his shirt say groomed?
Yep, that is Groomed Noodlers. He had a forum called that. The name came about from Huge Racks Inc forum when that was still around.

Marsa nor Gluke (HRI owners) were not happy that the forum started getting taken over by Pete Thorn and John Suhr basically shilling new gear, if I remember correctly. Rockinchippy Alex had joined about that time and had no real chops, but was heavy volume-posting about new gear acquisition.

Around that time, either Marsa or Gluke dubbed Pete Thorn a “Groomed Noodler.”
The forum was really centered around 80s session musicians and their gear (tri-chorus, Eventide, etc.) and they felt it was getting hijacked.

Pete Thorn then wrote an instrumental track called “Groomed Noodler” which I thought was pretty cool. Alex (Rockinchippy) started the Groomed Noodler forum as a result. Thorn and Steve Stevens were early adopters and regulars at the time.

Pretty soon it became the Alex “show off my new gear” forum and a lot of talk about Phil Collen and Ritchie Sambora. Eventually, posting dried up.

Wait….are we supposed to be the high school girls??

I don't get this rig rundown. Was not much of a run down really. Just a quick show off of Cameron amps. No playing or pedal boards etc.
His videos always seemed to be addressed to questions he gets.. I always thought it was from his Groomed Noodler forum but there is not any activity there.

Back