ronnie le tekro

tweed":26f3dp8x said:

Though I did not have a camera with me at NAMM for these pictures, I will take credit for the idea behind them. "Hey you know what would be funny? Let's take a pic of Pat in front of Vai, rolling his eyes to heckle Scott. And let's have Ralph do it too!"

70strathead":1ugjjjx5 said:
Dude Uli's sky guitar is beyond ridiculous high action! there is gap towards the 12 fret and above that's so high that you can probably fit a finger in between! he refused to play anything lower than that as well. Yngwie's guitars are pretty high up as well, but uli's are crazy high and the neck is like a log!

That's how Ronni's action is too. You could get a finger in between the strings and the fretboard. I've seen Yngwie's guitars up close too and they are kind of high but not like when I saw Ronni's guitar.

The space echo is off for refurbishing....

SO

if a body was to aquire an axe fx

would said person be safe to run a tol 100 head's slave out into said axefx,
and run a w/d/w with a ss power amp and two 1x12 wet cabs?

Chubtone":dly6ud1o said:
Who am I? I AM CHUBTONE! :gethim:

:Even though I always lived in Orange County, I was normally in bands with guys in LA or the Valley so I was driving up their 4 times a week to rehearse. I spent a lot of time at those slaughterhouse studios up in Vernon. That was killer. Armored Saint in one room. Racer X in another room and just tones of other great bands. I'm sure I'll think of 20 more after I post this. There were like 80 rehearsal rooms in that place.

What did I ever go on to do? Well, I'm nearing my 2,000th post on Rig Talk, so I WIN! :rock:

I rehearsed at Francisco when Armored Saint was there . I met Dave there one day. Cool down to earth guy. I was bummed to read about him. It was only a little after I met him.

very cool thanx

mentoneman":37xthc3k said:
The space echo is off for refurbishing....

SO

if a body was to aquire an axe fx

would said person be safe to run a tol 100 head's slave out into said axefx,
and run a w/d/w with a ss power amp and two 1x12 wet cabs?
Of course one could and WOULD! :rock: I'm certainly doing something very similar with my Egnater Seminar head, VHT 2/50/20 and stereo Mojave 4x12!!! Stereo micropitchshift/delay + dry Eggie mixed just right = :inlove:

Steve

Chubtone":sswhtn00 said:
I spent a lot of time at those slaughterhouse studios up in Vernon. That was killer. Armored Saint in one room. Racer X in another room and just tones of other great bands. I'm sure I'll think of 20 more after I post this. There were like 80 rehearsal rooms in that place.
Hurricane had a nice room there as well...

I liked our place - Big empty storage room in back of a Hair Salon in San Gabriel... Big parking lot out back... We had a stage we built and our drum riser set up. Room for maybe 50 kids to watch... We'd have open rehearsals on Friday nights when we weren't playing out somewhere and we'd setup a keg and like 200+ high school kiddies would show up, spilling out all over the parking lot to watch a couple sets and party...
Those hair salon chairs came in handy those nights... :2thumbsup:

Was a pretty deserted area at night so we only got shut down by the cops a couple times...

Steve

sah5150":1mbtivf0 said:
Chubtone":1mbtivf0 said:
I spent a lot of time at those slaughterhouse studios up in Vernon. That was killer. Armored Saint in one room. Racer X in another room and just tones of other great bands. I'm sure I'll think of 20 more after I post this. There were like 80 rehearsal rooms in that place.
Hurricane had a nice room there as well...

I liked our place - Big empty storage room in back of a Hair Salon in San Gabriel... Big parking lot out back... We had a stage we built and our drum riser set up. Room for maybe 50 kids to watch... We'd have open rehearsals on Friday nights when we weren't playing out somewhere and we'd setup a keg and like 200+ high school kiddies would show up, spilling out all over the parking lot to watch a couple sets and party...
Those hair salon chairs came in handy those nights... :2thumbsup:

Was a pretty deserted area at night so we only got shut down by the cops a couple times...

Steve

Sounds like a great time. :rock:

Chubtone":lk4jmdas said:
Though I did not have a camera with me at NAMM for these pictures, I will take credit for the idea behind them. "Hey you know what would be funny? Let's take a pic of Pat in front of Vai, rolling his eyes to heckle Scott. And let's have Ralph do it too!"

:D :thumbsup:

What evil plans do you have for us this year? :rock:

tweed":34jyl5na said:
Chubtone":34jyl5na said:

:D :thumbsup:

What evil plans do you have for us this year? :rock:

The main thing is that I want to see Bob eat some pancakes with his Bloody Mary's this time. None of this wussy, "I'm either eating OR I'm drinking" stuff.

Also it depends if Scotty is there this year. If so we are getting him drunk Thurs night and then taking him to get his clavicles pierced. Then on Friday Steve Vai can sign his infected collar bone piercings. Or we will get the sheet music for "Passion and Warfare" tattooed on Scott's lower back. We'll see what Steve thinks of that.

This year we have to video tape Kage telling Scott not to be a little fangirl and to just play it cool when Vai walks by. Then we'll get the video ready for when Kage turns into a fangirl because Steve Stevens walked by. :LOL: :LOL:

Chubtone":3d3dqzwb said:
The main thing is that I want to see Bob eat some pancakes with his Bloody Mary's this time. None of this wussy, "I'm either eating OR I'm drinking" stuff.
No Bloody Mary's this year... I swear I'm going sober this year and I think Bob will say the same thing based on last year. One thing for sure, I'm not carrying him back to the hotel if he does drink...

Steve

sah5150":um72837i said:
Chubtone":um72837i said:
No Bloody Mary's this year... I swear I'm going sober this year and I think Bob will say the same thing based on last year. One thing for sure, I'm not carrying him back to the hotel if he does drink...

Steve

:no:

Come on Steve! You can drink like me and you'll be fine :D

tweed":sor5johp said:
sah5150":sor5johp said:
Chubtone":sor5johp said:

Steve

If I can go - MAYBE a drink or two at the show... no pre-show rice wine Bloody Mary's for me though... Bob and I have the same zero to sixty drinking style... there is really no in-between for us... :LOL: :LOL:

Steve

sah5150":1g1iihnx said:
Chubtone":1g1iihnx said:

Steve

You guys were freaking wasted! And you were so funny too. Oh man, I'm still laughing at some of your antics. Especially you walking right in with that pass that wasn't yours while everyone else was in this long line at security been scrutinized like I've never seen at NAMM before. Security lines can not hold back the Henning. I'm getting you a pass this year that says Long Duc Dong on it. Let's see you get in with that! :D

So Steve...... you displaying your amp at the show this year?

sah5150":27s8x1fb said:
tweed":27s8x1fb said:
sah5150":27s8x1fb said:
Chubtone":27s8x1fb said:

Steve

If I can go - MAYBE a drink or two at the show... no pre-show rice wine Bloody Mary's for me though... Bob and I have the same zero to sixty drinking style... there is really no in-between for us... :LOL: :LOL:

Steve

You gotta work on that Steve. ;) :yes:

And who made those Bloody Mary's? They tasted like pure turpentine that someone put some red dye in. :D

Chubtone":360lsbwh said:
You guys were freaking wasted! And you were so funny too. Oh man, I'm still laughing at some of your antics. Especially you walking right in with that pass that wasn't yours while everyone else was in this long line at security been scrutinized like I've never seen at NAMM before. Security lines can not hold back the Henning.
:LOL: :LOL: One must be bold when one is wearing a pass for which he has no matching ID...

I'm getting you a pass this year that says Long Duc Dong on it. Let's see you get in with that! :D
BASTARD! ;)

So Steve...... you displaying your amp at the show this year?
Damn... I never should have said anything until it was done... I will accept my beatings on this matter like a man, however... :doh: :)

Seriously, I've made great progress on the layout which should be done soon and then I'll have another update... I'm not going to try to estimate when I'll be done though. I'd rather "underpromise and overdeliver" at this point...

Steve

tweed":3li6538t said:
sah5150":3li6538t said:
tweed":3li6538t said:
sah5150":3li6538t said:
Chubtone":3li6538t said:

Steve

Steve

You gotta work on that Steve. ;) :yes:
I've been workin' on it for the better part of 3 decades... you'd think I'd have worked it out by now... :doh:

Steve

Chubtone":1f8gf14v said:
And who made those Bloody Mary's? They tasted like pure turpentine that someone put some red dye in. :D
All I can say for sure is that Bob and I were making our own drinks... could explain some things...

Steve

Chubtone":3baoi7sa said:
FortinAmps":3baoi7sa said:
For those interested, the video clip that Chubtone is referring to can be viewed here:
http://www.internationalguitaracademy.com/ :rock:

That's just a teaser video. If you join the site which is like $50 or 60 bucks (yeah, I'm that big of a Ronni nerd) you get like a 10 minute video of his gear run through, and it's full size.

As for a Ronni criticism, the guy hasn't recorded anything worthwhile from a soloing standpoint since Realized Fantasies in the early 90's. If you have the first four US released TNT albums you don't even need anything else. Ronni has about 25-30 different CD's he has recorded and I own every single one. Like I said, I'm a Ronni nerd and a much broker Ronni nerd than I should be because I shouldn't have bought hardly any of his stuff since Realized Fantasies. Yeah, there's some cool tones and songs on My Religion and a couple of the other ones, but when it comes to solo time, Ronni is HUGELY disappointing. All he ver does now, and he calls this "improvising his solos" (instead of the killer composed and phrased solos he used to do) all he does now is blaze through some extremely cliche blues lick for like 10 seconds while freaking out on his wah pedal and then he finishes up with his extremely overused machine gun picking. That's all he does anymore. The wah'd blues licks and machine gun picking used to be just a small dimension of his playing and now, that's all there is.
Chub...sadly you are correct. I gave up on Ronni years ago. Still those first 4 albums are must haves.

Back