SChaller made in germany floyd or lockmeister w/ dtuna

GOHOINC

I've got 3 floyd guitars, but outside of setting them up, I dont know much about floyds. Two of mine have original floyds, the third has a schaller bridge but I'm thinking its a lockmeister? It does not say floyd rose on it anywhere, just has a schaller logo on the top side of the base plate and "made in germany by schaller" on the lower side of the plate. In any case, I want to add a d-tuna to this guitar but wasn't quite sure if it will work. I have added a D-Tuna to one of my "Floyd" guitars and got it set up and adjusted so it works pretty darn well, I suppose I could just try my luck on the schaller but as I havent bought the D-Tuna yet, I figured I'd check with all of you first... Any reason why a d-Tuna wouldnt work on this bridge?

blackie13":3hdpbl8p said:
napalmdeath":3hdpbl8p said:
Gotoh, FTW. Cheaper, and better!

true but the dtuna will not work...

Why, I have them on mine and they work perfect.
I like the Gotoh so much I replaced the Floyd's that came in my LP Axcess' with them. I've used them in Charvel Pro Mods too.

I can't make it work with my gotoh...
it just won't go from D to E...if the screw was longer maybe it could work...
It has to do with each guitars intonation as well..

blackie13":ir6q3xrp said:
I can't make it work with my gotoh...
it just won't go from D to E...if the screw was longer maybe it could work...
It has to do with each guitars intonation as well..

Weird. If I recall, the Dtuna comes with a long screw doesn't it? I've got so many parts around I don't know what I used, but have not had a problem getting them to work with Gotohs.

He has a Schaller Floyd, why would he want to change to a Gotoh? Schaller Floyds are great bridges. The D Tuna should work just fine with the Schaller. Some prefer the Schaller over the OFR.

The Lockmeister is the OFR, just not exported via the US nor sold under the Floyd Rose name. What we normally call the Schaller is something else, it has inserts for the knife edges instead of a full steel baseplate and thicker bolts for the saddle locks.

Racerxrated":2gu2g9we said:
He has a Schaller Floyd, why would he want to change to a Gotoh? Schaller Floyds are great bridges. The D Tuna should work just fine with the Schaller. Some prefer the Schaller over the OFR.

Thanks!

Back