Scholz/Boston tone in a box - shootout vid - take a listen

FUZZboat

a nicely done yt shoot-out

being a boston/scholz fan myself 1 of them really out shines the others IMHO

take a listen and list your fave , plez :D

For the Scholz tone (no "t" in his name :poke: ), I thought the MI Audio Crunch Box came the closest.
At a gig, nobody will notice a bit of difference between any of them.

Wampler Plextortion is the one I liked the best, but I really don't know if it is closest to the orig. Just sounded real compressed like Boston to me…

They are all really close though...

Steve

I did a kinda blind test had someone play the clip in another room thru a stereo
and stopped it when it sounded best to me

and it was the Angry Charlie

I guess we all hear things differently

thanx for playing :rock:

rupe":2r6r4721 said:
For the Scholz tone (no "t" in his name :poke: ), I thought the MI Audio Crunch Box came the closest.

the MI Crunch Box was my 2nd favorite in that vid

the guy also has a low gain version shootout and the MI MI Crunch Box sounded really
good there as well - alot of the others were kinda meh sterile sounding

FUZZboat":25pme6w3 said:
I did a kinda blind test had someone play the clip in another room thru a stereo
and stopped it when it sounded best to me

and it was the Angry Charlie

I guess we all hear things differently

thanx for playing :rock:
Yeah, we definitely all hear things differently - the Angry Charlie sounded a tad weak and nasally to me…

Steve

FUZZboat":3peudqad said:
rupe":3peudqad said:

the MI Crunch Box was my 2nd favorite in that vid

the guy also has a low gain version shootout and the MI MI Crunch Box sounded really
good there as well - alot of the others were kinda meh sterile sounding
The MI definitely sounded good in this… I could live with any of them though… Also, these are one guy's settings - I'm sure I could dial in any of them to sound like what my ears want to hear for that sound...

Steve

rbc":8vdeloqv said:
There's always the Rockman gear. The original Scholz/Boston tone in a box. This is a short video by David Accomando showing off his Rockmodule rig:

Here's a longer video that goes over a SR&D Rockman rig made up of Rockmodules, along with the sounds you can get with it:

rbc":7te2g5z3 said:
rbc":7te2g5z3 said:
There's always the Rockman gear. The original Scholz/Boston tone in a box. This is a short video by David Accomando showing off his Rockmodule rig:

Here's a longer video that goes over a SR&D Rockman rig made up of Rockmodules, along with the sounds you can get with it:

Rockmodules - been there done that, their so "20th Century" sounding :D

Back