Setting up the Herbert with Xpression and MF-2 footswitch

scottph":73s1dep9 said:

THAT's IT!!!! Nice job DUDE! Thank you so much that clarifies things a lot for me. So now I can even create new effect settings on the Xpression and then map it back to the foot switch and Herbert channel and so on.

Excellent!! Thanks again for taking the time to do this, I hope it helps others as much as it has helped me :)
:rock:

scottph":32hcmfav said:
diezel&gas":32hcmfav said:
now a video test of the chorus, flanger, phaser :)

Will do sometime this weekend. :)

@fist: No problem man - glad I could help. :thumbsup:

Those vids helped a lot! I was able to save my first patch just like you did and when I changed the foot pedal and then back to the saved patch it worked like a charm. No to figure the rest out. What about if you configured a delay to a channel and a number on your controller, how do you increase or decrease the delay. Im assuming you need to set something up on the xpression to do this too. So you save your delay patch and now with the foot controller you increase or decrease the delay itself. Not sure if Im clear with my question. Im just pumped I was able to map my first patch.

Thanks again Scott you have been a great help with this. :rock:

No problem man - glad I could help you out! :)

As for your next question: Not sure if I understand correctly...let me see if I got it: You set up a patch, like I did in the vids, and then you want to in/decrease the delay of that patch?

Afaik, there's only one way to do that and that's setting up a new patch on a different slot with more delay / less delay on the Xpression and saving it.
Basically - as an example:
Slot 00: Channel 3, midcut, Xpression patch 20 mapped to slot 00 on your footswitch.
Slot 01: Channel 3, midcut, Xpression patch 20 (more/less customized delay on the Xpression) mapped to slot 01 on your footswitch.

Keep in mind that you can customize your patches on the Xpression. Nothing's keeping you from copying a patch and tweaking it to your liking. :)

hi scottph, do you power the Xpression by an ac adaptor or by phantom power delivered by the little Herby boy?
is it possible to power the Xpression by the herbert, after using its phantom power to give current to the pedalboard too?

thanx!

@Peter: :)

diezel&gas":jjgxk5y5 said:
hi scottph, do you power the Xpression by an ac adaptor or by phantom power delivered by the little Herby boy?
is it possible to power the Xpression by the herbert, after using its phantom power to give current to the pedalboard too?
thanx!

I have an AC adapter for the Xpression, but I'm pretty sure you could phantom-power it. The Columbus get's it's power thru the XLR connector on the Herbert, and afai remember (I'm at work now, so I can't check) the Xpression and the Herbert have a "phantom-power" plug.

scottph":a4m4lfzh said:
No problem man - glad I could help you out! :)

As for your next question: Not sure if I understand correctly...let me see if I got it: You set up a patch, like I did in the vids, and then you want to in/decrease the delay of that patch?

Afaik, there's only one way to do that and that's setting up a new patch on a different slot with more delay / less delay on the Xpression and saving it.
Basically - as an example:
Slot 00: Channel 3, midcut, Xpression patch 20 mapped to slot 00 on your footswitch.
Slot 01: Channel 3, midcut, Xpression patch 20 (more/less customized delay on the Xpression) mapped to slot 01 on your footswitch.

Keep in mind that you can customize your patches on the Xpression. Nothing's keeping you from copying a patch and tweaking it to your liking. :)

Hi Scott,

I think I get it now, I was thinking you could have an adjustable patch without making two patches with different settings.

I don't think you can, cos the adjustment is gonna happen on the Xpression. The footswitch merely sends MIDI signals to the Herbert and the Herbert sends them to the Xpression to get a certain patch working.

scottph":3jd5swm3 said:
I don't think you can, cos the adjustment is gonna happen on the Xpression. The footswitch merely sends MIDI signals to the Herbert and the Herbert sends them to the Xpression to get a certain patch working.

Yeah that makes sense, I was thinking you could have an adjustable patch that could be set within a given range by using say the up or down buttons on the footswitch.

No way! :) I'm too cheap for a G-System, and the Xpression is the best bang for the buck. Get one on ebay. :yes:

Back