Setting up the Herbert with Xpression and MF-2 footswitch

yes at the end you use the same 3 4 5 effects..

i used to prefere analogic single effects.... but i hate to have too many boxes on the floor.then i'd have to buy a separate looper in order to use them via midi, then a power supply for effects.... a neverending story.

i'll see now with the Xpression... if it is too digitally sounding like the digitech gnx1floor multieffect unit i have...i'll sell it :)

and push the stomp boxes way again.

hi scott

the Xpression arrived me.

it's connected to the herbert as instrucitons and your video say but it doesn't produce any sound.. the leds on the Xpression are always turned off...none of them lights on.

maybe there's a midi problem because there is the Nobels Mf1 pedalboard plugged to..

what to do? the herbert is set to omni mode now...

solved...i couldn't hear nothing cause volumes wete too low.. :p

i have to practice on the Xpression..some things are ...not so clear to understand...
:doh:

diezel&gas":1q2fogn0 said:
solved...i couldn't hear nothing cause volumes wete too low.. :p

i have to practice on the Xpression..some things are ...not so clear to understand...
:doh:

Yes it takes some time, hell i only have one preset saved hahaha. I end up using all my practice time messing with the Xpression hahaha.

i have both input and output volumes of the X pression at 5 o' clock to hear some effects like chorus, flanger and so on.

i have to learn to set the Xpression now.. some things are a little confusing...

i'm talking about volumes from the Global and Mixer menu :confused:

hi Scottph!

how do you set the pedalboard and-or Xpression midi channels assignment?
in omni mode the Herbert? in omni mode the Xpression??both? just one of them?

confusionnnnnnnnnnnn!! :doh: :LOL: :LOL:

i see if i set in Omni mode the Xpression, pressing a different pedal on the pedalboard, the presets name on the Xpression display change,

while if i assign a Midi channel number on the Xpression, pressing on the pedalboard, the preset changes but without changing name on the display.

thanx

Look at my vids man - it's explained there.

This is how it works: Herbert in Omni, leave the Xpression the way it came, press a button on your footswitch, select channel/midcut/v2 on Herbert, engage loop, set Xpression the way I described in my vid (00 on footswitch = 01 on Xpression and so on), match the prest on the Xpression in the menu with the button you selected on the footswitch, save preset on X, press store on H, press store again. Done. Repeat with other buttons on footswitch and presets on Xpression if you want to assign more presets.

yes, i know your videos ;) thanx :thumbsup:

ok, so! Herbert in omni and X stock setting ( that is in omni too).

with the nobels mf1 i don't need to make the 00-01 translation as stock is 1-128 like the Xpression ( although you can set it to 0 127 too )

do you use the ready stock presets like choruses or do you change the parameters to fine the effect as you want it?

what i have not understand is how to use more than an effect at time....

thanx scotth for the infos ;)

by the way after many attempts and menu settings it's not for me..

i don't like that much how it work... i tried every method of plugging it thru the amp, switchable loop, parallel loop, ( not in serial cause i don't want to use it that way ) but in any position i tried to...effects like chorus-flanger are always so low sounding not advertible at all....especially on the clean channel.

with emg 81 pick ups is a little better, but with the stratocaster....terrible... it seem to use an effect with a dead battery, yes this is the example that explain how i feel this unit working...it's like a dead battery :D

this with both the Xpression input and output knobs and herbert's parallel knob all the way up.

at low volumes of the amp it sounds so poor to me. :thumbsdown:

for sure at high volumes it gets better but at home the result is awful.. at least in my case.

i think i'll sell it and go for analog stomp boxes again and-but with no return to digital :LOL: :LOL:

That's weird. The effects sound very powerful on my setup. I have the parallel vol in the back of the Herbert at around noon, and the input and output level on the front of the Xpression at around noon too... :confused:

Back