Seymour Duncan Antiquity's

tripstan

Anybody using them? I just got a '04 Standard Les Paul. I'm going for vintage vibe with good touch/volume response, no coil tap, probably 50's wiring. Other suggestions for pick ups?

I have an 02 classic that has had about 975 pickups in it...

the antiquity is a very clear, bell like, almost single coil like[not p90] type of tone.

borderline microphonic at higher volumes/gain levels....

I still have it, somewhere in my crap, but I tired of it rather quickly

the alnico pro is what stayed in that guitar because it nailed the slash thing

Stratboy151":1rg9iv2k said:
Isnt that what nick johnston is using? Ah nevermind he uses some kind of texas hot model or something

Yeah Antiquity Texas Hot set.

Also, the Antiquity JB is killer!

Chubtone":2jwiucba said:
Stratboy151":2jwiucba said:
Isnt that what nick johnston is using? Ah nevermind he uses some kind of texas hot model or something

Yeah Antiquity Texas Hot set.

Also, the Antiquity JB is killer!

Yes!
I have a JB Antiquity and love it... :thumbsup:

tripstan":2h5v608d said:
Anybody using them? I just got a '04 Standard Les Paul. I'm going for vintage vibe with good touch/volume response, no coil tap, probably 50's wiring. Other suggestions for pick ups?

I have Wizz PAF's in my R9. Incredible tone with great clarity, touch sensitivity and dynamics with the volume rolled back (50's wiring). Highly recommended

AmpliFIRE":1hm8sxo5 said:
tripstan":1hm8sxo5 said:

I have Wizz PAF's in my R9. Incredible tone with great clarity, touch sensitivity and dynamics with the volume rolled back (50's wiring). Highly recommended

This, I've got Wizz PAF's in my 82' Greco EG100 and they are the best Ive tried by a long shot for low output PAF's. Pricey but unlike anything I've ever tried as far as pickups go. If you wanna go Duncan I'd do the Seth Lovers they are pretty darned good and cheaper but the Wizz's are on another level.

Back