Show your favorite bass you own




and I'm no Chick Corea


Chick Corea with a Yamaha KX-5.⁣ ⁣ Below is an excerpt from Stereophile,  where he talks about his first time playing a Rhodes with Miles Davis!⁣ ⁣  Stereophole: Even your early career


but I have a set of the 80s glasses:


1791331619668.png
 
That is something to be thankful for.

I have a modern navy blue kimono too. '80s glasses, kimono and keytar...I'm ready for the'80s! Perfect for a blues band in 2026, amirite? :D

and the white one, unfortunately the SKB case stained the silver trim, you can see the spots; replacements aren't cheap and they're hard to find:


Roland AX-Edge.png




pisses me off. SKB built this case for this keytar model, you can see it's form fitted, it's a good case but it shouldn't stain the trim. I have some vinyl tape I'm going to use to cover the silver trim. almost forgot. I've been using the black keytar lately
 
I have a modern navy blue kimono too. '80s glasses, kimono and keytar...I'm ready for the'80s! Perfect for a blues band in 2026, amirite? :D
Not sure if I shared it before but when I was living in St. Pete the plumber I used had a son who played bass for Chick. Chick being a scientologist can get players who are under his authority for cheap and dude's kid was deep into that garbage. Quoting his son, "Chick's a dick".
 
  • Wow
Reactions: rsm
Not sure if I shared it before but when I was living in St. Pete the plumber I used had a son who played bass for Chick. Chick being a scientologist can get players who are under his authority for cheap and dude's kid was deep into that garbage. Quoting his son, "Chick's a dick".


I never looked into Chick's life outside the music. didn't know he was in that cult. just as bad as being a modern libtard

I heard many of these music leaders that make it big are dicks to their hired help. SMH. Some big names played with Chick back in the day, so they didn't have to put up with him if they didn't want to.
 
I never looked into Chick's life outside the music. didn't know he was in that cult. just as bad as being a modern libtard
Clearwater, just north of St. Pete, is the world headquarters for Scientology. It's their Jerusalem. They recruit aggressively in the Tampa Bay area. The entire downtown is basically controlled by them though they are experiencing more pushback in the past few years than in the previous 40. Not sure exactly the deal now, but in the mid 2000's if you were some peon bottom rung "sea org" you worked for $20 monthly stipend plus room and board. Meaning, escape is very difficult without outside assistance.

TLDR: I would not be surprised if ranking members can get deeply discounted rates on employees who possess a variety of skills including musical ones. It doesn't appear that the kid played bass for him very long.
 
I got 1 I use for recording. Funny because I research to death any guitar I buy but when I needed a bass, I looked the cheapest I could get that was still pretty good and said yep that used PRS SE model will do just fine.



72627949058__F470773F-6B28-4E91-A62A-23AB1CE390A0.jpeg
 
I’m not really a bass player, but I keep 3 basses in the home studio just in case.

My son plays pretty good bass, and uses them from time to time.

This is definitely our favorite bass of the 3.

‘74 Fender beat to phuck Jazz bass

I know a lot of you guys also own basses, so show them.

View attachment 461964View attachment 461965
I am so fkn jealous rn and I just got a badass new guitar lol I mean that in the best way! Love that bass
 
Last edited:
12331.jpg

Poppop's bass & guitar.
The bass is semi-hollow, with a warm tone that reminds me of the Charlie Brown Christmas album (for whatever reason).
Not the best sounding or easiest playing for many things. But nothing else sounds quite like it, and I love it. Nails the bass sound on LZ's Ramble On, if that gives you an idea.

Sounds like this:
 
Last edited:
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with a PRS SE bass.

They punch WAY beyond their weight.
Yeah, I think it’s great. Just making fun of myself for how much I sweat over every detail of a guitar but spent more time researching a bass with the fastest shipping time than researching specs.
 
View attachment 462003
Poppop's bass & guitar.
The bass is semi-hollow, with a warm tone that reminds me of the Charlie Brown Christmas album (for whatever reason).
Not the best sounding or easiest playing for many things. But nothing else sounds quite like it, and I love it. Nails the bass sound on LZ's Ramble On, if that gives you an idea.

Sounds like this:


WOW!!

That’s a very cool vintage looking bass.

To me it looks like what a band on the Jetson’s cartoon might have used, because of the look of the headstock.

Liked the tone that bass got as well.
 
WOW!!

That’s a very cool vintage looking bass.

To me it looks like what a band on the Jetson’s cartoon might have used, because of the look of the headstock.

Liked the tone that bass got as well.
A lot of those 60s guitars have that "Jetsons" vibe. :)
Love the retro look, and attention to detail. Apparently has a super thick, Brazilian rosewood fretboard.
I've had a couple of nicer basses, and played many others. From the nicest Rickenbacker to some super expensive boutiques my buddy owns.
Love the charming character of this one.

Couple other videos that shows it off:


 
Last edited:
This isn't the greatest picture but it's a family shot and the only one I have. I was doing a fill-in on bass and I brought all my basses.

A 65 CAR Jazz Bass and a 63 6 string bass, also CAR.

I'm playing through a newer SVT and an Eden single 15 cab. Both amp and cab are long sold. Still have the basses though.

The one pedal is a tuner. I never use pedals on bass. I'm kinda old school.

Beed39E.jpeg
 
This isn't the greatest picture but it's a family shot and the only one I have. I was doing a fill-in on bass and I brought all my basses.

A 65 CAR Jazz Bass and a 63 6 string bass, also CAR.

I'm playing through a newer SVT and an Eden single 15 cab. Both amp and cab are long sold. Still have the basses though.

The one pedal is a tuner. I never use pedals on bass. I'm kinda old school.

Beed39E.jpeg

MAN!!!

That ‘65 Fender CAR Jazz Bass are what dreams are made of.

I bet it sounds and plays amazingly well.

Awesome.
 
This isn't the greatest picture but it's a family shot and the only one I have. I was doing a fill-in on bass and I brought all my basses.

A 65 CAR Jazz Bass and a 63 6 string bass, also CAR.

I'm playing through a newer SVT and an Eden single 15 cab. Both amp and cab are long sold. Still have the basses though.

The one pedal is a tuner. I never use pedals on bass. I'm kinda old school.

Beed39E.jpeg

Here you go JTK.

Now your bass can at least be seen a little better.

That’s just beautiful with all that natural wear.


IMG_5667.jpeg
 
the only bass i have is a cheap squier p bass with steve harris pups. It's not great or anything but it's very sentimental as it belonged to a friend who passed away a couple years back. I use it on every single recording or demo I do.

1ca973f6-57e0-45c4-b29e-6e62ae8584ec.jpg
 
Back
Top