Simple but good multi effect, rack or floor standalone

I have a few pedals, dozen or so, for reverb and delay, modulation.

Music type is new blues, rock, metal.

I'm looking for something to provide the delay, verb, chorus, possibly pitch effects. Well be using amp based distortion with a cleanish boost or two.

I don't care it it the latest cool name brand, cheap or a few bucks. Just good.

I don't like over the top cheesy effects. Understated is how I normally run modulations and time based things. The Strymon Flint sounds good to me. I have a Hardwire reverb and chorus pedal that do a good job. Just looking to hit one preset and go. Simple easy setup is critical. I hate button pushing and spending more time tweaking than playing.

So what is a good all in one unit to run in the loop? For the budget, call it 1200 max.

I'll throw in the Digitech GSP1101 or RP1000. Dunno the price tag new for either but should be well in your budget. The GSP1101 will work with any midi footswitch and both of them should integrate with your amp well.

I like the Intellifex over the G-major.
Lot cheaper and I think it's broader sounding.
Not tone coloring.
Or the Eventide Mod Factor is really cool.

What amp are you running it into? I hated the G-major personally. I would sooner buy some sort of looper pedal or switcher & run stomp box effects.

Could go Strymon Timeline and Mobius and combine that with a reverb pedal and still be under your budget. Top notch FX...only downside would be that the Mobius only has one effect at a time, which may or may not be an issue...you can route it both in front and in the loop which is awesome.

JimmyBlind":2f1rhojz said:
What amp are you running it into? I hated the G-major personally. I would sooner buy some sort of looper pedal or switcher & run stomp box effects.

This. +1

Michi":7ehjcrkd said:
I'll throw in the Digitech GSP1101 or RP1000. Dunno the price tag new for either but should be well in your budget. The GSP1101 will work with any midi footswitch and both of them should integrate with your amp well.

I second this. I use an RP1000 in the loop of my JCM800 in 4CM. However, If I was going to buy again, I would just spend a little more and get the GSP because it has the dual processors. However the RP worksd really great for me. The effects are good and the amp and OD models are pretty damn good as well. Plus, In 4CM, it gives me a variety of cleans channels at the click of a switch. I got rid of almost all my pedals except for a select few. For $200 used, it's well worth it to try it.

I used to use the first version of the G-Major.Great unit and awesome sounds.
But i switched to what JimmyBlind said.
This is maybe more expensive in general but for me it is easier to use.

TC Nova system is pretty much what you described. I ve been using one for several years in the loop of my xtc. Sounds great, easy to program, pristine effects. Can be subtle or huge whatever you prefer.

Also, if your amp goes down it has a really nice analog drive/distortion block and speaker emulation. You can go direct to the board.

rcm78":21r0ylks said:
TC Nova system is pretty much what you described. I ve been using one for several years in the loop of my xtc. Sounds great, easy to program, pristine effects. Can be subtle or huge whatever you prefer.

Also, if your amp goes down it has a really nice analog drive/distortion block and speaker emulation. You can go direct to the board.
I have one killer effects and they are at musicians friend at $346 new i bought mine 2 weeks ago

If you like Nova System hit me up. I've got one in excellent shape that I got in a trade...basically unused.

Not a fan of the TC Nova System, G-System and G-Major, having owned the 3 of those
Rocktron Intellifex is good, dirt cheap and easy to find
For 1200$ you could get a used Eventide Eclipse

Business":2tn89lrh said:
Not a fan of the TC Nova System, G-System and G-Major, having owned the 3 of those
Rocktron Intellifex is good, dirt cheap and easy to find
For 1200$ you could get a used Eventide Eclipse

I had a Nova and did not bond with it. Sold it cheap to somebody on here.

The Eventide Eclipse vids are all of over the top shit. Inverted nipple chorused reverse orgasm delay and crazy shit like that.

I see some Lexicon units as well in that 1000-1500 range. I will be doing a bunch of YT vid listening.

Verb, delay, micro pitch shift would be awesome, vibe. That is the essential list.

Rock torn Intelliflex eh? Checking that.

Anyone on here rolling with the rocktron?

I have the G Major version one and it's a real love hate relationship every time I use it.

I've heard good things about the Lexicon MPX line (100-300). The intelliflex comes up a lot too.

Back