Simple effects unit for reverb/delay in loop

threadkiller

I don't really keep up with the effects world some i'm not up to speed. I still have an alesis quadraverb in my rack rig and I'm still happy with it :jo

Anyway, I have two amps with passive effects loops. I have a carbon copy up front that I use sometimes and sounds good for clean to crunchy tones. For my higher gain uses I find delay in front turns to mush. I tried putting the CC in the loop and it doesn't get along. Sounds like a blanket on the amp. I need something with a line level signal or adjustable input/output levels. My loops have no level adjustments. I just want to have a setting for reverb, a setting for a reverb with a short delay, and a setting for reverb with a long delay. I don't need 100 presets and I don't want to spend hours programming. Knobs are preferable.

What should I look at. Requirements are 1. will get along in my passive effects loops. 2. easy to use 3. small (don't want a rack if avoidable) 4. Don't need anything but reverb and delay 5. sounds good for live use

i guess it's a soldano or jet city amp? both have line level loops afaik

when i had a jet city, the TC flashback and TC Hall of fame reverb worked out great for me

the line level effects loop is a bit of a pain to find stuff that's compatible, there's converters i think but easier to get pedals

AMT Stutterfly delay is a nice option.Great sounding delay that sounds superb thru all my amps fx loops. The MXR sized pedal has both a level [to achieve unity gain with loop] and mix control. Also has modulation,tone,feedback and time [to 1 second] controls. Made in Siberia for $169 steet.

Ed

You're wondering too?

If you have a passive loop, you'll need a kill dry function or some sort of control knob. Two delay/reverb hybridized units that sound killer are the Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master (185) and the Strymon El Capistan (299). Of course the latter is more well know but it behaves beautifully upfront as it's made to behave like an Echoplex.

The EQD is cool too but I've yet to actually try it.

Aristocat":35w73py6 said:
...delay/reverb hybridized units that sound killer are the Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master (185)...

I also have a EQD Dispatch Master and it is indeed a great sounding pedal.I find the pedal to work very well with instrument level fx loops,while only so so with hotter line level loops.

Ed

university81":31qhfb8x said:
i guess it's a soldano or jet city amp? both have line level loops afaik

when i had a jet city, the TC flashback and TC Hall of fame reverb worked out great for me

the line level effects loop is a bit of a pain to find stuff that's compatible, there's converters i think but easier to get pedals

Fargen Miniplex and Peavey classic 30. The latter has it's own reverb. I'm mainly talking about using it in the Fargen

You might check out the Yamaha Magicstomp. Its a multi-effect processor, you can edit all the parameters on your laptop, offers some really solid effects.

Back