Single Coil sized Humbucker

5150clone

Can anyone tell me about the Tone Zone S, Fast Track II, Duncan Distortion S, or others. I have used a JB Jr in the past and im very familiar with them. Im thinking of trying them again but im not totally satisfied with the JB Jr. Ive been using a Aldrich and a full sized JB but miss that focused separation thing with the Jr. what i need to get more of is sustain. not sure if some of these others might give me that or not.

Fast Track 2. Basically a Super 3 in a single-coil form factor. I have one loaded in my ESP strat and it BURNS it up. Config is Fast Track 2 bridge, Fast Track 1 middle, Chopper Neck.

these are interesting. from the description they seem pretty hot which is good. Do they have that any percussive separation thing to them? or are they just blazing!
racerevlon":2u1jlpss said:
Fast Track 2. Basically a Super 3 in a single-coil form factor. I have one loaded in my ESP strat and it BURNS it up. Config is Fast Track 2 bridge, Fast Track 1 middle, Chopper Neck.

I love the Air Norton S, but in the bridge for more of a "Rock" sound rather than a high-gain or "Metal" sound. I have a Suhr S4 that has an Injector in the neck and my humble opinion is DO IT!!! Great-sounding pickup--glassy, punchy, creamy... all the best qualities of a neck single-coil with the beef of a humbucker and noise-cancelling!!

Mudder":20vmq5l3 said:
I'd like to try the Dimarzio Injector that Gilbert uses.

This would've been my suggestion as well. There's a nice clip in YT somewhere where Gilbert demonstrates them in his latest Fireman and I gotta say at least that clip sounds quite good.

Back