Single sized stacked humbuckers

sandman

sandman

Well-known member
I love strats but love the traditional sss style pickup configuration on them. I own an Yngwie strat with the Duncan Fury pups and they are great. But i want a different flavor set of higher output stacked hums in another strat that will cover lots of 80’s stuff. Dokken, ozzy etc….
Maybe a high output rail style? But which one?. What experience and suggestions do you rigtalkers have with these pups?
Appreciate any input.
 
I'd start by trying the Duncan, they have had a lot of different great single sized humbuckers; especially thinking about the hot rails, "mini humbucker" series and stack models.
 
I would try the gen 4 noiseless Fender pups.

Not stacked but slugged like a humbucker.
 
of higher output stacked hums in another strat that will cover lots of 80’s stuff. Dokken, ozzy etc….
Maybe a high output rail style? But which one?. What experience and suggestions do you rigtalkers have with these pups?
-->Dimarzio Chopper. Plenty of output and still good character too. Sounds great split as well.

But, are you primarily looking for a bridge or neck pickup?
 
I really like these

Dimarzio Super Distortion S in bridge
Dimarzio Air Norton S neck
Caparison SHN neck
Hot rails good in bridge too
 
I love strats but love the traditional sss style pickup configuration on them. I own an Yngwie strat with the Duncan Fury pups and they are great. But i want a different flavor set of higher output stacked hums in another strat that will cover lots of 80’s stuff. Dokken, ozzy etc….
Maybe a high output rail style? But which one?. What experience and suggestions do you rigtalkers have with these pups?
Appreciate any input.
Duncan STK-2 Hot Stacks rule.
 
I would second Geo if you want a stack that gets closer to an OG single

If you want a humbucker sound just get a Duncan hot rails

this isn't really a difficult question to answer, everyone knows the options out there
 
Most of the Seymour Duncan neck pickups are kind of boring. I play HS guitars and I've been through a metric ton trying to find neck single coils that aren't classic rock, blues or just humbucker versions squeezed down. I recently gave the Parallel Axis a shot and it sounds great, really searing for leads. Otherwise I could go with a Dimarzio Fast Track or Chopper.

Although I've recently swapped over a bunch of guitars to EMG 81/S, 85/S, and 81/89R just to have a single coil that punches just as hard as a bridge while remaining clear.
 
Back
Top