Slashyfied Marshall SV20H for those GnR Riffs

EddyLenz

Hi Everyone,

Those Studio Marshall PCBs definitely aren't that fun to work with, but the power amp is a nice fit for this mod!

It's now got the #34 and #36 mods with gain boost for #36 and a fat switch for both modes.
Even in 5W mode, it is super loud, so you don't get around using an attenuator if you want that #34 sound with the master cranked.

With #36 you don't have that problem, because it doesn't rely on power amp distortion, so it sounds awesome at bedroom volume straight into the cab.

For me, the #34 and #36 are pretty much Slash sound one-trick ponies, but it's an awesome sound that is very recognizable. (and that I've been obsessed with for many years lol)

Love that snakeskin btw!

Sounds great. Not as bright as I would have expected, which is good. The AFD I tried was waaaaay bright. I bet your SV20 still cuts though just fine. Very cool.

Sounds great. Not as bright as I would have expected, which is good. The AFD I tried was waaaaay bright. I bet your SV20 still cuts though just fine. Very cool.
Thanks!
Yeah, I dialed it in for a slightly smoother tone, which I prefer. It's got lots more treble on tab though :D

Back