Some history of Rig-Talk

Yup, David Gerlach, aka Giga.Blast, Chupa.Cabra, Top.Echelon, BlackSabbath and KingCrimson.

Like Steve, I found him genuine-and-entertaining to interact with privately. Definitely an interesting fella. Loved his motorcycles and worshipped his wife.

He's eccentric. Talked in riddles and hieroglyphics on the forum. Definitely added a rare flavour injection to the community. IIRC Steve was the last mod to ban him (I never did), so shame on you Brother Stoivo! :LOL:

I read so much crap around here these days that I thought he was still floating around here.

Me as well, But I was Gunslinger on HC. I've been here since the start, seen all the craziness here with Mitch and BK, etc... HC was the wild west, had SO much fun there, made alot of good friends, most of which migrated here. Seemed to me alot of folks didn't make the switch to here, for whatever reason, and split off to social media groups instead.

The HC EVH thread was so epic, I would laugh till I was ready to puke some days, the Zakk/motorcycle epiphone deal was quite a fun shitshow as well. Seems like 12 lifetimes ago....

HCAF was awesome! Then RT happened.

If he were I'd have noticed for sure Dale; his fingerprint is unmistakable-and-unique.
I must have been searching some old threads via Google, and that gave me the impression he was still around.

There were plenty of folks to steer clear of back in the day, but it is my hope they have mellowed some over the last 20 years. At the end of the day, we are all brothers.

Early HCAF was awesome. We were all learning a lot from one another back then.

And when the Krank guys came on acting like they weren't employees, talking up their products. They got found out real fast
Those guys were straight up douches! I actually thought their amp sounded all right from the clips back then, but the way they went about it was ALL WRONG.

Me as well, But I was Gunslinger on HC. I've been here since the start, seen all the craziness here with Mitch and BK, etc... HC was the wild west, had SO much fun there, made alot of good friends, most of which migrated here. Seemed to me alot of folks didn't make the switch to here, for whatever reason, and split off to social media groups instead.

The HC EVH thread was so epic, I would laugh till I was ready to puke some days, the Zakk/motorcycle epiphone deal was quite a fun shitshow as well. Seems like 12 lifetimes ago....
There was some other forum where a lot of them went to, but I forget the name of it. I went over there twice, and I was greated warmly by former HCAF vets.

Was he the “sweep the leg” guy? 🤣
No, he was the "sweep kick to the head guy"

One of the better Scamsevere threads was him posting that he was out on tour with Overkill, that he was posting from Dave Linsk's personal laptop. That was cool right up until Dave Linsk himself joined HCAF and shot that all to hell :ROFLMAO:

Scamsever eventually got popped for some illegal fireworks, weapons, and impersonating a police officer charges and was sent to prison. He was semi legendary over on the JCF too:

https://www.rig-talk.com/forum/threads/well-vince-scamasere-was-caught-at-last.33050/

oh man, i forget all those threads are still there. it looks like the last time i was there was in 2013. im affraid to even go back and read some of the shit i used to post, i guess its cool its all still there though if i may have a few too many one snowy night or something and want to go back in time :LOL: someone cussed me out as recently as 2021 for a comment i made in 08

"This raceu4her has a big mouth and hates on anything peavey...my guess is that his ears are full of wax and his playing sounds like a fart through a wet paper bag...i bet he has never even owned a ms cab but just goes off his youtube diploma for his technical expertise"

i gotta get one of these youtube diploma's haha

Back