Some history of Rig-Talk

someone needs to invite charvelDan back......
IMG_1187.jpeg

Hey! I wasn't King Crimson, who I vaguely remember.
No, definitely not Carl. Haha. The funniest garbage out of that clown(King Crimson), was when he started threatening people, he said he was 6'4 and a black belt in multiple disciplines. Lol.
I remembered that he posted a pic of himself, with Charlie Sheen at Cabo and was bragging about it....So I found the pic on a previous thread, and he was standing next to Sheen and a good 2 inches shorter...Charlie Sheen is 5'10.....Oops busted lol
Yup, David Gerlach, aka Giga.Blast, Chupa.Cabra, Top.Echelon, BlackSabbath and KingCrimson.

Like Steve, I found him genuine-and-entertaining to interact with privately. Definitely an interesting fella. Loved his motorcycles and worshipped his wife.

He's eccentric. Talked in riddles and hieroglyphics on the forum. Definitely added a rare flavour injection to the community. IIRC Steve was the last mod to ban him (I never did), so shame on you Brother Stoivo! :LOL:

I hear ya bro'. :LOL:

Sorry for the slight delay in replying; I'm getting 10->14kb/s intermanet speeds right now. :doh:

Good stuff @Racerxrated - I'll get these added today if I don't already have.
Done!

Don’t forget the foot fetish guy with “Uber close mic’d tones” who took his ball and went home. He was a decent player and a good resource imo…just didn’t work out here. He requested all of his posts be removed. Probably a smart move considering.
Who was that again? Reza?

someone needs to invite charvelDan back......

I thought you'd never ask oh wise retired one with the boots that are Jacked.
Yep still above ground and doing well.
Married 10 years now. Had to put down the best fricking cat we've ever had in my life Tuesday.
One of the hardest things ive had to do. We got 2 others but Bubby was the Alpha.
Working again as a meat cutter for a private company as most folks born after 1990 have no idea how to butcher as its a vanishing trade.
Have lost alot of friends due to C19 and natural issues.
Willing to try this again but if the small faction of hater open up on me i'll just leave. Just have no room in my life for hate.
Happy 2024 to everyone.

Last edited:
I’m buddies with John Ou, have been since the HRI days. He’s tamed down quite a bit over the years, runs of killer food truck in L.A. now and is the guitarist in his P&W band, scored an endorsement deal with Fender and has been piling up a bunch of cool builds over the last couple years.

I thought you'd never ask oh wise retired one with the boots that are Jacked.
Yep still above ground and doing well.
Married 10 years now. Had to put down the best fricking cat we've ever had in my life Tuesday.
One of the hardest things ive had to do. We got 2 others but Bubby was the Alpha.
Working again as a meat cutter for a private company as most folks born after 1990 have no idea how to butcher as its a vanishing trade.
Have lost alot of friends due to C19 and natural issues.
Willing to try this again but if the small faction of hater open up on me i'll just leave. Just have no room in my life for hate.
Happy 2024 to everyone.

glad your doing good bro! I'm dealing with my 4th or 5th case of covid right now.

I’m buddies with John Ou, have been since the HRI days. He’s tamed down quite a bit over the years, runs of killer food truck in L.A. now and is the guitarist in his P&W band, scored an endorsement deal with Fender and has been piling up a bunch of cool builds over the last couple years.
His food truck actually looks badass

Listen man, without a pic of your Friedman, I'm not sure it's really you......
:giggle:

If it is, welcome back.

Yep its me. Dave built me this Kitchen Sink JMP in 2011 / amp of my dreams. Never had a problem.
Obeid Khan a good friend installed the Metro loop.
When i first heard James Lugo's 71' metal panel Friedman JMP i knew that was what i wanted.
Dave could retain the base JMP Marshall tone w/o turning the amp into something that sounds only like a Triple Rec.
That man is the real deal and sho did me right. Mind you at that time folks here were getting ripped off left and right.
It was very confusing.

Funniest thing ever....that flame war on HC....the great Ou...

HC in it's prime was untouchable, it was soap opera stuff.
It really was. The whole forum side of the site really. The political forum during Iraq was a complete shit show of trolls. The amp forum was more civilized, but you still had the occasional drama. Lots of cool people though, of which maybe 30% made the leap.

The mass exodus was due to the upgrade of the forum, going to whatever web 2.0 design that they still have today. Forums in general were never quite the same after the splintering.

Back