Splawn Quickrod ohm question

Oh man that is sweet. I should do that.

Sorry to hijack your thread McKina - hopefully it was all beneficial to you as well.
It's an informative discussion. Thanks

Sadly, I am just not feeling the Quickrod! I refer to it as a "Gentleman's Distortion" which is not a bad thing, just not what I hoped for out of it. I'm not talking more gain on tap by any means, but it's general gain structure. If I could get an amp to smoke endless cigarettes and drink Jack Daniels for a week the Quickrod would be perfect :)

I've tried an SD-1, Tumnus and a couple other boosts to get it there, but the Splawn is very adamant on it's structure.

Any ideas on turning on that smoky blues to 5150 apocalypse? By the way I am running it through a 4x12 with Greenbacks

Thanks guys

Oh man that is sweet. I should do that.

Sorry to hijack your thread McKina - hopefully it was all beneficial to you as well.
Here's a pic of the bias points the amp tech installed for me along with the dial to adjust the bias (far right).
PXL_20221222_010009476.jpg

Here's a pic of the bias points the amp tech installed for me along with the dial to adjust the bias (far right).
View attachment 153430
Damn I need to find someone local to me do do that too. did he change the bias pot as well? I find that the one on my Supersport is almost useless, not much range to it at all, if my power tubes aren't in the right range to begin with I can't use them

Damn I need to find someone local to me do do that too. did he change the bias pot as well? I find that the one on my Supersport is almost useless, not much range to it at all, if my power tubes aren't in the right range to begin with I can't use them
He put a different type of pot on there. I cant speak to the range as I've never had an issue with biasing tubes in this amp, then again, this is my 3rd set of tubes in this amp.

But its made my life so much easier to just open the back panel and bias the amp. No need to remove the chasis and use probes.

I am honestly surprised that Scott doesnt put that as an option at purchase now days. a lot of amps come with external bias points.

Back