Stratosphere Fender/Charvel Necks

Bardagh

Has anyone ever bought one of these necks from Stratosphere that appear to have been assembled previously? They appear to be new necks but have tuners and in the pictures looks like they've been at least screwed to a body before. I'm curious if these are necks from completed guitars and have been finished and leveled etc. I have searched elsewhere and haven't found an answer. I'm not talking about the replacement necks that are made to be sold as replacement necks either, I'm talking about these:

Charvel Pro Mod So-Cal NECK with TUNERS Locking Compound + Speed Profile Ebony

s-l1600.jpg

The parts are fine. They're a chop shop (no offense intended) whose business model is to buy en masse at finished prices and then part the guitars out at huge mark ups, but less than Fender would charge for them.

Cool, I’m putting something together and am probably going to be waiting a long time to have a parklane neck made but want something to slap on in the meantime. But it would be a bum deal if these hadn’t had the frets leveled and shit at least.

Haven’t bought a neck from them, but bought other take off parts with no issues. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy a neck if their prices were a bit more competitive.

I have bought bodies and necks from them with no issues. It seems that they just disassemble guitars and sell the parts.
That's exactly what they do . The parts separately are worth more than the guitar as a whole, especially the lower end stuff .

Reactions: Geo
Keep in mind Charvel necks and Charvel bodies have 2-1/4" neck pockets and neck heels. The standard is 2-3/16" inches. So if you try and throw a Warmoth or Fender neck on a Charvel body you will have a gap all the way around the neck. On the other hand you won't be able to jam a Charvel neck into a Warmoth or Fender body either as the neck heel will be too wide.

Keep in mind Charvel necks and Charvel bodies have 2-1/4" neck pockets and neck heels. The standard is 2-3/16" inches. So if you try and throw a Warmoth or Fender neck on a Charvel body you will have a gap all the way around the neck. On the other hand you won't be able to jam a Charvel neck into a Warmoth or Fender body either as the neck heel will be too wide.
I guess they are still doing that?

On the other hand, buy something like a finished allparts neck and add good tuners, a graphtec nut, and pay to have it leveled, crowned and polished it will definitely cost more than these MIM Fender necks they sell for around $300 that have been removed from a finished, usually new guitar.

Back