studio monitors for my Kemper

Gringo

hi there
I just got a new Kemper unpowered and planning to get a pair of good studio monitors ,
just a bit confused
any help to narrow my choice ? I play mainly metal music .
Yamaha HS7 ? JBL LSR308 ? KRK RP8 RoKit G3 ? what do you recommend ? (not the Adam A7 though , knowing the price !)

thanks a lot

btw, any idea wether we can connect the stud monitors directly to the Kemper , or there a need of an Audio interface in between ?

Are you planning to use the monitors strictly for the Kemper or will also be studio monitors for recording and playing tunes on your PC/Mac?

Gringo":1f3zq8rw said:
why not the LSR 308 ? I mean , doesn't have better low end , bass ?
Normally, yes, but more bass in cheaper monitors usually means: less definition in the mids.
Plus, if your room isn't a decent size (say >25m2 / 250sqft) AND treated (absorption stuff), then more bass will do you more 'harm' than good.

Gringo":3au6831q said:
btw, any idea wether we can connect the stud monitors directly to the Kemper , or there a need of an Audio interface in between ?

You can run the Kemper directly out to monitors with XLR cables.

Be wary of buying monitors that add too much color on their own. You want them to represent the Kemper as accurately as possible so that when using the Kemper elsewhere there's no major surprises. Ultimately it comes down to what you like though. If you can take your Kemper to a GC their Pro Audio dept. should have a half decent monitor demo setup where you can switch between choices easily. If you can't take your Kemper play music off your phone. It will still give you a decent idea. My personal vote is Yamaha HS8's or HS10's. You can always add a sub later if you feel you want a little more low end. Buy the monitors that represent the mids and highs the way you like. That's where the guitar lives.

Back